Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connecting ASTRO A40'S WIRELESS TO PC

Default Connecting ASTRO A40'S WIRELESS TO PC

Hey,

So i'm looking to buy the wireless astro a40 headset and wondering what ways i can connect it to my computer..

Right now i have the Alien ware aurora R3.. (7.1 Surround sound) so i can use the optical cable..

I was wondering how i can connect the Astro a40's (with the microphone).. does it still have to be plugging directly from the headset to the computer?

Many thanks
    -Tom

-Bumped

Still looking for an answer!?

Many thanks --!

please dont bump your threads, this is a small community forum

you can get the pc qd cable and connect the headset to the computer via pink and green audio jacks

Quote Originally Posted by SocksWthSandals View Post
    please dont bump your threads, this is a small community forum

you can get the pc qd cable and connect the headset to the computer via pink and green audio jacks
    I wan't to do it via Optical cable not the 3.5mm headphone jack :\

if you want through optical cable and for surround sound you will need a sound card or motherboard that supports dolby digital live

If you read my original post i said i have a 7.1 surround sound card thats dobly digital with optical output so yeah i know that but how would i use the microphone? will that have to be plugged in direct?

Quote Originally Posted by -DestinatioN- View Post
    If you read my original post i said i have a 7.1 surround sound card thats dobly digital with optical output so yeah i know that but how would i use the microphone? will that have to be plugged in direct?

I wish someone explained this to me earlier too, because they dont explain it on the website.

The MixAmp, is pretty much like 2 separate sound devices. You connect USB to your laptop, this will function as a USB sound device and USB Microphone. You set your chat program to use the USB inputs and outputs. Then you have to get a TOSLINK to Mini fibre cable and connect that to your SPDIF port on your laptop and the optical jack in the MixAmp. This is the sound device you use for everything else like your games.

The MixAmp will mix the USB audio and the Digital audio, so you can make your chat louder than your game or vice versa.

If you dont get the Digital audio working right away, make sure its set to Dolby Digital and play around with the sound quality settings in Windows. I noted i couldnt set mine to the highest "Studio Quality" i had to set it to "DVD Quality". It's still 7.1 though.

The USB output will only be Stereo

If you want pictures of my setup, let me know. I have mine on an MSI 1761 laptop.
    Last edited by db_656; 04-13-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Thanks very much!.

Helped alot!!!!

I am also having the same problems. I can hear audio fine but it won't pick up my voice. I talked to support and they sent me a replacement USB chat cable but I'm still having the same problems. Under my Recording tab I have astro chat set to default.

Quote Originally Posted by -DestinatioN- View Post
    dolby digital is not dolby digital live brah. LIVE. with just dolby digital you will be getting a stereo signal...brah