Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: Static Buzzing Noise

InstantTea Guest

Default Static Buzzing Noise

I have received my Astro A40 wired edition today and realized there was a static noise when I am using the mixamp pro. When I put my finger over the Coax, R or, L port, the static goes away. When i release my finger, the static returns.

It is creating issues because it seems to be present through the mic. When I am talking to people, they experience the static as well which they find annoying. I am connected through my PC with the Power and Voice cord.

have you cleaned off all the cables? try unplugging the red daisy chain

InstantTea Guest

All of my cables are clean, I've tried unplugging the daisy chain as well. It seems like the problem is only present when it is connected to my computer.

Could you try a different USB port on your PC? One that is far away from the port you are currently using if possible, as it sounds like the one you are currently using isn't properly grounded.

The feedback sound is caused because your xbox and your computer have different ground loops. Using the USB port on your xbox will clear this problem up.

Quote Originally Posted by iMagick View Post
    The feedback sound is caused because your xbox and your computer have different ground loops. Using the USB port on your xbox will clear this problem up.

Please refrain from necro posting

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO refraxion View Post
    Please refrain from necro posting
    sorry for thoroughly answering a question when no one else could. also, when i googled searched this problem, this forum post came up so it's really just helping anybody with the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by iMagick View Post
    sorry for thoroughly answering a question when no one else could. also, when i googled searched this problem, this forum post came up so it's really just helping anybody with the same issue.
    We thank you for answering questions, however I would note that the OP was not using an Xbox