Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: Astro A40 Microphone doesn't work on skype!

Question Astro A40 Microphone doesn't work on skype!

Hello Astro Community!

I got a little problem,
    The problem is that my Astro A40 MLG Edition's microphone doesn't work on skype.
    I can pick the microphone under the voice settings, but when im speaking, no sound at all is coming to my friends speakers. Im 100% sure that my microphone works, because im often speaking on my Xbox 360.

I have tried all possible cables, that i got with the MixAmp..
    I really don't know why this is happening, and i really hope somebody can help me!

Please ask questions if needed!
    Thank you for reading this!
    -Oliver

y2kaos Guest

Hi,

I have the same problem as well. I have a mac book pro and just recently bought the 2011 edition A40 headset + mixamp. Currently, I am not using the mixamp and have connected the A40 headset/mic to the mac book pro using the green/pink connector that came in the box. The pink connector goes into my MBP's mic input, and the green connector goes into the headset input on my MBP.

It seems like it is only detecting the sound from the microphone built into the MBP instead of the headset.

Please help!
    - Henry

y2kaos Guest

Nevermind. I figured it out for my case. I actually do not even need to use the green/pink connector cable to connect to my mac. If i just use the 3.5mm cable and plug it into the headset jack, both the headset and the mic will work! This is without the mixamp.

Quote Originally Posted by CocaCoke View Post
    I got a little problem,
    The problem is that my Astro A40 MLG Edition's microphone doesn't work on skype.
    I can pick the microphone under the voice settings, but when im speaking, no sound at all is coming to my friends speakers. Im 100% sure that my microphone works, because im often speaking on my Xbox 360.
    Have you been able to hear yourself on the Skype's built in testing service? If you have there but not on a call I have no idea. If the testing service doesn't work either then it's a setting issue. I tried skype with mine today and after level tweeking it worked first time.

So you NEED to have the USB connector hooked up from your mix amp to your PC. Then IN SKYPE SETTINGS make sure not only your output but your input devices is set to the USB Mix Amp. They are two different settings in two different places. Also I noticed that there is like two switches on the headset by the quick release. The big one is the mute but I'm not sure what the little one does. The little one on one setting I'd hear myself for a split second then it'd be gone and could bairly hear myself. When I flipped it the other way the mic worked perfectly.

Let me know if any of that helps.

Okay a little bit more info after I've been playing with them more tonight. The little side switch I was talking about earlier turns on and off the inline mic. That is kind of neat however if your going to use that make sure to remove the boom mic. At least my inline mic sound is a LOT worse. The boom mic sounds good the inline sounds like well ****.

Also as far as skype. Make sure to turn the adjust settings automatically off. That was causing very very random settings changes and these changes were being made a the driver level. On my system I turned the mic all the way down to 0 and still get good quality recording. Funny enough it sounds best at 0. But what will happen is Skype will lock on to background noise and adjust your mic to that not good. Just turn everything auto off and do the test calls while tweaking your settings till you get something you like.

Okay, I have now tryed to call Skype Test Call, with all choseable mic's. Still only my HP Build-In microphone work..

But in my understanding, you guys says that i need to have my MixAmp connected to the computer, if I wan't to chat on skype?
    Isn't it possible without the MixAmp?

- I will post updates if i figure something out.
    Thank you for all your post's!

Yes if your not using the mix amp it should just work through the headphone and mic jacks on the side of the computer.

I've tryed with the Pink & Green jack sticks, but it still doesn't work..
    Any other suggestions?

- My Astro Mic works inside games, like CoD, Cs and Garrysmod but not on Skype.