Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clicking in headset...

Default Clicking in headset...

Just received my A40's with the MixAmp5.8 today and have a problem. When my rx unit is on it emits a clicking sound through the headset (something like Morse code). It doesn't appear in a regular pattern but does happen all the time. I tried another set of headphones and the problems persists. I turned the tx off and the problem persists. Anyone experience like before? I should mention also that when the rx is plugged in and charging the noise goes away.

Sounds like you have a cell phone near your MixAmp. That typically happens when the phone is sending/receiving data.

My phone is in the other room... and the wireless router is 2.4ghz. I thought the mixamp runs at 5.8ghz????

The MixAmp does operate on 5.8GHz. You can try changing the channel it's on by resyncing the TX and RX units (hold the power buttons simultaneously until they turn white). Also, do you have another set of AAAs you could try?

I tried resyncing it twice now. I have used the 3 AAA's supplied with the mixamp and the rechargeable batteries I received also

why would it stop doing it when its plugged into the tx unit?

I'm not quite sure on that one. You've tried disconnecting and reconnecting all of your cables as well? You'll probably need to contact the Support Team and let them know what's going on + what you've tried so far.

yeah cool I started a support tag but wanted to see what the community had to offer. My buddy has the same setup. I was thinking of borrowing has rx and seeing if it solves the problem. Thanks for the help

If that fixes the issue then you'll know exactly where the problem lies and Support will be able to get a replacement to you quickly

I am having the same problem. I notice constant clicking noise which gets louder the more the balance knob is moved to voice chat. The clicking only stops when I am talking into the mic, and it starts right back up again when I stop talking.