1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worse customer service ever

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GazCBG, Dec 2, 2018.

1. GazCBG

GazCBG ASTRO Private

I had to contact Astro customer support as my sync pin on my Astro A50 Gen 3 base station got stuck down, which I bought directly from Astro (UK).

During filling in the form, I stated I didn't have the original receipt or any email, but provided them with my full address etc. so they could look up the order.

The first reply as me for the serial number and receipt, I replied back with the serial number and stating I did not have the original receipt and provided my full details again.

Second reply they still asking for the receipt, so I went and found the transaction my PayPal account and sent them a copy and paste of that. Which had the amount I paid, when I ordered, invoice number, etc.

Third reply they came back still asking for the receipt, so sent them a sceenshot of the PayPal details what I sent them, the second reply. Also I added if this is not good enough provide me with a Manager email or UK phone number

Forth reply;
    They came back saying this still would not be good enought, but found the order via the invoice number (same one ( sent in reply 2 and 3), due to the fact I paid £140 as I ordered the base station and mod kit.

But then went on to provide me with return details.

Can I ask why didn't the tech just do all this in details I sent in the second reply?

-

I haave now fixed this myself, but it has left a bad taste in the mouth and wether I buy any further Astro products will be questionable
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey GazCBG,

Like many companies, we require a receipt to prove when the product was purchased and that it was from an authorised reseller to ensure your equipment is under warranty and we can provide the services as quickly as possible. A recommendation I always make is when purchasing an electronic item, take a picture of the receipt and store it so you can quickly find it again even if you lose it. I'm not sure what the PayPal transaction looked like. I would need your support case number to have a look. But I'm sure there is something there which we can't use for verification.

Our support team, like many support team members in different companies, do not have direct access to the ordering system so providing just your name and address does not give us any information to go off even if it was purchased directly from us. The representative eventually probably got hold of your details through your order number, but as you've experienced, it has wasted a lot of time for yourself.

We hope this information enlightens a little more into our support and others and that you will still consider our products in the future.

- Mitch
  3. GazCBG

GazCBG ASTRO Private

Hi,

While I understand that and don't have an issue with that.

What I do have the issue is with, I provided the support team with the invoice number in reply two and stated that is all I got.

Would of it not been in the interest of the customer for the support team to get the order details, instead of pushing the issue after I clearly stated it I didn't have the original receipt?

Yes it would of taken a bit longer to get the order details, be less hassle for the customer.

Regards,
    Gaz
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Gaz,

Without seeing your support case, I can't look into this further.

If you could post your support case number in this thread, I will be able to take a look and see what would have slowed us down or stopped us from using it in the second reply.

- Mitch
  5. GazCBG

GazCBG ASTRO Private

Hi,

Case number is: # 584174

Regards,
    Gaz
  6. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Gaz,

So the PayPal payment is billed to Digital River as a generic Logitech order which we can't verify using this information even if it has our order number on. I'm sorry this has caused frustration for you but I can see we have sent your original invoice over should you need it again in the future.

- Mitch
  7. GazCBG

GazCBG ASTRO Private

Hi,

Yes I can understand you can't verify from just the PayPal info I sent, but it did have the order number on it, which was listed under Invoice id and also Purchase details.

Maybe I am thinking outside the box here; Invoice number (from PayPal site) = Order number = My details and order, on one of the systems = Proof of purchase.

Yes it would of had to wait a bit longer for a reply, but a lot less hassle and frustration.

I was looking at gettting the Astro C40 controller when it comes to the UK but I will not be now, bit of a shame.
    But I am the sort of customer who will never buy a product based on bad customer service and use something else even if it cost more (wouldn't be the first time).

Regards,
    Gaz
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  8. Brian Ellsworth

Brian Ellsworth ASTRO Private

I'm starting to see this myself.

I just purchased a pair of A50s from their site and they won't work straight out of the box. I've messaged about the issue and how to possibly fix it but I am yet to get a response.

$300 down the drain... Dare I say back to Turtle Beach?
  9. GazCBG

GazCBG ASTRO Private

Hi Brian,

When I contact them it did say up to 2 days to get a reply, so stick with it.
    The A50s are great when they working, just a shame about customer support.

Regards,
    Gaz
  10. GazCBG

GazCBG ASTRO Private

Hi,

May I add in the UK that would be classed as proof of purchase the PayPal details I sent; According to the UK Government as from this link under Proof of Purchase: https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds
    Which I will quote below.

The original invoice was sent because I asked for it.

Regards,
    Gaz
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  11. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Gaz,

This documentation is from the Consumer Rights Act of 2015 and applies to resellers. Although you could use this information towards the ASTRO Gaming and Logitech website to gain a refund through a return as we sold you the item, it can't be used in the same way directly to a manufacturer and their support team, and we still require a proper proof of purchase to authorise any warranty replacements or repairs.

Also, a bank statement can be used if it can verify that the product came from that store for the amount. For example, if you purchased multiple items from Argos and lost your sales receipt, and wanted a refund on only one item. You could try providing your bank statement, but because the amount does not match, there is no proof that you did ever purchase that item from the store and the bank statement can be declined. However, because the date of purchase and amount is on there, it's possible that Argos may be able to find your sales receipt on the system from it to process the refund that way.

The Consumer Rights Act is a tricky process, and although it is there to protect the customer in multiple ways which I agree with, it can only do so if you have what you need to achieve this. You can read up on the full documentation here - http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents/enacted

- Mitch
  12. GazCBG

GazCBG ASTRO Private

Hi Mitch,

Thank you for the reply and explain of it as well as the link.
    If you wish you can close this thread/post as I have nothing more to say on this and don't want to take your time up, which can be used for other replies.

Regards,
    Gaz
  13. ASTRO Vertigo

No worries, Gaz.

It's been a pleasure speaking with you, and if you do need any further help, I'll be here on the forums, or you can talk with us over social media and through our support team. Have a good holiday and new year :)

- Mitch