1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I host my images?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by stanimal, Sep 21, 2009.

1. stanimal

stanimal ASTRO Alumni

If you want to post pictures into a forum post, that's pretty simple with the Insert Image option that's part of the text editor.

The trick is to having a place to host your pics. Below are a couple good places for hosting your images:

- ASTRO Gaming Forum Albums
    - Facebook
    - MySpace
    - Flickr

The above three sites will let you link directly to a picture that you have uploaded.

If you have Firefox, you can simply right click on the picture and hit "Copy Image Location". For Internet Explorer, simply right click on a picture, hit "Properties", highlight the "Address URL", right click and hit "Copy". This would probably be a lot easier if you have Firefox.

Other great websites designed for photosharing are:

- Photobucket
    - UploadIt.org
    - ImageShack

If you have any better suggestions, feel free to post to this sticky thread.

Enjoy!

- ASTRO Stanimal
  2. SeanP

SeanP ASTRO Private

One of my favorites that was made to host images for reddit but got way bigger is:

- Imgur

Low ads, really simple, works well.
    matthewk85 likes this.
  3. Kieron

Kieron ASTRO Private

Also:

tinypic

I always use tinypic :)

~Kieron
  4. PsGalaxy91

PsGalaxy91 ASTRO Private

Woooo slow down there. Why bother with those when you could just upload them HERE?? Create a photo album on these forumsand then upload your pics - Look here: http://forums.astrogaming.com/album.php
  5. AcIdC0R3

AcIdC0R3 ASTRO Private

There is also PIXENTRAL. Where you are not required to create an account at all. Just free image hosting plain and simple.
  6. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

If you have a Twitter Account, then you can sign into TwitPic and upload your files there. Again not a great alternative but it can do the job,

- TheHyperVertigo
  7. AcIdC0R3

AcIdC0R3 ASTRO Private

8. ready4war

ready4war ASTRO Private

If you have an Yahoo email then you have a flickr account!!
  9. Danny

Danny ASTRO Private

guys this is the easiest one, "min.us" << thats the whole link, all you have to do is drag your pictures onto the page
  10. VeNoIVI iZ siCk

VeNoIVI iZ siCk ASTRO Private

Yeah Imageshack is what i use
  11. AcIdC0R3

AcIdC0R3 ASTRO Private

Does anybody use Picasa? My HDTV can access my Picasa account but I can't figure how to link to the pics for BB code for here on the forum so I haven't used it.
  12. AcIdC0R3

AcIdC0R3 ASTRO Private

Just a heads-up, Photobucket just increased there storage capacity for free accounts to Unlimited Storage. Yay! :D
  13. manikah

manikah Guest

I will try here to gain some knowledge.
  14. laurencarter

laurencarter Guest

I am now using them for about 3 months and never seen any downtime of server problems. There is no any kind of advertising on my pages too, so I think its worth to signup.
    Hcg Ultra
  15. jessieismith

jessieismith Guest

Loading is always faster when images are on same server. Cuts down the referrer calls. Just make sure your images are web sized images.
    HGH Ignite
  16. igorokfree

igorokfree Guest

New generation hosting

The best free hosting for your site! New generation hosting is all your new site needs! A New World is what the new generation needs. The path to a New World starts here - http://apwey.net78.net
  17. mickrio

mickrio ASTRO Private

My HDTV can access my Picasa account but I can't figure how to link to the pics for BB code for here on the forum so I haven't used it.
    __
    [TABLE="width: 64"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl24, width: 64"]memory foam mattress | adjustable mattresses | memory pillow[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
  18. Kowalskim

Kowalskim Guest

Everytime i go to host an image online the sites i try to use are always so fussy and/or slow.
    Xtreme Muscle Pro
  19. krispfappa

krispfappa ASTRO Private

You can host it on Imgur.com which is pretty much the most reliable image host I've found. Imageshack deletes images after a set point, so I don't recommend it.

You guys just gave me an idea - if you want to take advantage of the cloud, you could upload your images to Twitter and Facebook and then copy the path and use those on your site. It will load really really fast because its distributed across multiple servers across the globe and it will have nearly unlimited bandwidth. Hmmm.
  20. EllisMcbride

EllisMcbride ASTRO Private