What are my options for using older A40s with Close?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by M A R S, Apr 16, 2017.

1. M A R S

M A R S ASTRO Private

Hey, I have a really old set of a40s, not sure what version they are. I've been using them since I had a xbox 360. They work amazingly on a ps4 but on a xbox one it seems I have to sacrifice using my old mix amp if I want to use the mic to talk to friends by plugging the headset directly to the controller.

The quality is adequate but it loses alot of the punch that the mixamp provides.

Is there an option for using older A40s with xbox one other then plugging them in directly to the controller?

I know there's the that one mixamp that plugs into the xbone controller but my headset doesn't have a female jack. Can I buy a female to female coupler and connect my old headset to the new mixamp?
  2. M A R S

M A R S ASTRO Private

Edit: meant to have it say Xbone in the title not 'close' :(
  3. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey M A R S,

Where is the power button for the MixAmp Pro located? Is it located on the top left or the bottom left?

- Mitch
  4. M A R S

M A R S ASTRO Private

The power switch is located on the bottom left of the mixamp
  5. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey M A R S,

It's an older MixAmp then.

Does the Xbox 360 Controller Cable have a brick near the one end or it is just one straight cable?

- Mitch
  6. M A R S

M A R S ASTRO Private

Not really sure which cable you are referring to. If you mean the audio cable used to connect the mix amp to the 360 controller then I have no idea as I lost it years ago, replaced it with a generic 2.5 mm male to male cable which didn't have any form of brick.
  7. M A R S

M A R S ASTRO Private

It's kinda frustrating that I can't find any model numbers on the mixamp or headset lol. I do still have the original packaging, is there some where on there I can figure out what gen or model number I have?
  8. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey M A R S,

I would be classed under GEN0 because it's a legacy product.

If your Xbox One Controller has a 3.5mm headset port built in then you could try this cable (https://www.amazon.com/ienza-Headsets-Talkback-Controller-Headset/dp/B015VP5EOK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492688602&sr=8-1&keywords=Xbox One A40 Cable). This would connect from the controller port on the MixAmp to your Xbox One Controller.

You would just need to set the Xbox One Controller to output chat audio only and you should be good to go.

We do sell an AG1 Chat Cable but it was only designed for GEN1 products and up. We usually recommend the above cable for GEN0 only because it has a better chance of working and if it doesn't then it's inexpensive to try.

- Mitch
  9. M A R S

M A R S ASTRO Private

Thank you so much, I'll give it a try.
  10. ASTRO Vertigo

Thanks, M A R S.

Please let us know how you get on or if you need any further assistance.

- Mitch