1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion for A50 gen 4 or A60

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Filip Garpendal, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Filip Garpendal

Filip Garpendal ASTRO Private

Hi,

Just want to give my input on what the next gen wireless headset should have in my opinion.

1. More color options. I would buy the one for PC/Xbox but I hate the color. I don't have a PS4 but the color option is so much better. Why can't we have a option for both of them that is more neutral in color like Black or maybe even White.

2. USB C charging cable. Not because it's better but for the ease of use. You can plug in the cable so much easier.

3. The mic hidden when folded in, like on the Logitechs G933 (You are now the same company so maybe you can copy that function without getting in any trouble ) ;)

4. Dolby ATMOS. It's better than any other virtual surround in my opinion. I know it already possible but maybe it can be even better if you design from the start :)

5. Someway to connect your phone to the headset. It could be Bluetooth but just as well you could a 3.5mm connector on the base station. Only reason I want this is so I don't miss any calls. Somehow I always get a call when I'm away from keyboard and I don't hear the phone because I have music on.

6. Active Noise Cancelling. Would be great for LAN Partys :)

7. Not important but if there is room for more suggestions maybe a wireless charging for a phone when you are using the headset. For example you have the wireless charging primarily for the headphone when docked but when you are using the headphones you can charge any Qi device instead.

I know there have been many more suggestions, I would just love it if one (But hopefully all) suggestions where implanted in the next gen Wireless Headset.

Keep up the good job and thanks for providing us with truly great gaming headsets.

/fLipSidE
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Filip Garpendal,

Some great suggestions.

1) This is something we have looked into but is more difficult to achieve for the A50 Wireless Headset. That being said, we do hear you, and we are looking into this like with our GEN1 and GEN2 series of products.

2) We always try and use the latest USB standard or what suits our products best. I'm sure we will see USB Type-C one day.

4) I think Dolby Atmos for Headphones is going to be the standard for the future. We do test all headphone surround technology and tune it and then determine what is best to use with our headsets. So far, up to the A50 Wireless and Base Station release, we have found that Dolby Headphone still provides the best headset surround technology for what we want to deliver.

5) The A50 Wireless and Base Station have a 3.5mm port already for listening to audio from your smartphone and using the microphone to answer a call. Let us know if you need any help with setting this up.

- Mitch