1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soundblaster X G5 on Xbox One S With A50s

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Andy720, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Andy720

Andy720 ASTRO Private

How Would I Go About Setting Up A Creative Soundblaster X G5 With A50 + Base Station?? Should I Use The Optical Passthrough On Base Station Or 3.5mm In Only??
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Andy720,

You wouldn't need to use any. All you need to do is connect the A50 Wireless and Base Station to your computer using the USB cable, and you're good to go. If you're gaming on the Xbox One, we include everything to connect to your Xbox One to gain surround sound and use the voice chat functionalities. We wouldn't recommend connecting through the Sound BlasterX G5 because you may only hear stereo audio and it may affect the processing of the base station.

- Mitch
  3. Andy720

Andy720 ASTRO Private

Okay Mitch What If I Use A HDMI Converter And Set The HDMI Audio On My Xbox To 7.1 Uncompressed Plug In My Optical InTo The Base Station And Optical Out To The Soundblaster X G5 And Use Dolby Atmos For Headphones??
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Andy720,

7.1 uncompressed wouldn't travel over an optical cable, you wouldn't hear any audio.

If you want to take advantage of Dolby Atmos for Headphones, this can be pushed through the optical output straight to the A50 Base Station but we would advise again to not connect the Sound Blaster X G5 as you would be trying to run two amplifers / sound cards together which would be messy.

- Mitch
  5. Andy720

Andy720 ASTRO Private

When I Set It To 7.1 Uncompressed I Hear Audio But I Can’t Hear Certain Things In Games Like My Gun Reloading In Tom Clancy’s The Division And Pulling Up My Phone In GTA 5 lol

Would A Extremely Expensive High Bandwidth Glass Optical Cable Help??
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  6. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Andy720,

This option isn't available on the optical output, where are you setting this?

- Mitch
  7. Andy720

Andy720 ASTRO Private

It’s Under HDMI Audio An I Use Expert Connect | HDMI Audio Extractor | 4K/2K@60Hz, HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2 | Coaxial / Optical (SPDIF / Toslink) / 3.5mm Stereo Jack | Splits HDMI input t https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073SFZMPF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_n2MVeNSGeDREc To Get Audio From HDMI Cord LoL
  8. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Andy720,

In that case, you would want to set the HDMI output to Bitstream Dolby Digital if you are connecting an optical cable from the extractor to the base station.

- Mitch