Really weird problem

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Taintss, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Taintss

Taintss ASTRO Private

So today ive been getting a super weird problem and i dont know whats causing it.

im on an xbox one s and have the astroa 40 tr

So the audio keeps cutting out but its only in game and from game sound. If i plug in the aux and play music that doesnt cut out but i can hear the game sound cutting out behind it. ive tried disc based games and downloadables and its the same for both. Can anyone help shed some light on this?
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Taintss,

How often does the audio for your games cut out and how long does it last for?

- Mitch
  3. Taintss

Taintss ASTRO Private

hi, it stopped but i feel something is still wrong but to a lesser level... when i made the post it was cutting out for like 1/2 seconds, coming back and then going again for a further 1/2 seconds then it would be okay for a few minutes but at one point it was literally constant. Do you think a new optical cable may help or maybe the cable to the headset is loose ( i did try jangling it and it doesnt seem to be the cause but ..)
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Taintss,

It could be a problem with the optical cable or the optical port on your console. I wouldn't say it's a problem with the headset cable as it's an analogue cable so you would either hear cable or you wouldn't or it would only go out if you moved in a certain position.

- Mitch
  5. Taintss

Taintss ASTRO Private

Okay, il see how it goes for a few more days and il buy a new optical cable n try that. Ive only had this xbox for 6 months so i hope it isnt the port itself. thanks for your help
  6. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Taintss,

Does the port feel snug so if you gently pull on the optical cable, it still holds to the port and doesn't come out?

- Mitch
  7. Taintss

Taintss ASTRO Private

yeah it holds solid, i got the headset in december 2015 so maybe the optical cable needs renewing
  8. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Taintss,

It would be the cheapest option to replace first over replacing anything else.

- Mitch
  9. Taintss

Taintss ASTRO Private

ok so it started happening again, i went into the audio settings on the xbox and changed the optical audio from bitstream out to stereo uncompressed and its stopped literally mid game.... am i right in thinking this means the optical cable is gone ? any help appreciated

played a few games and it was fine, switched back to bitstream out and now it isnt cutting out again... on the astro website it says i should have it on bitsream out so i want the best out of the headset
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  10. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Taintss,

It could be a problem with the optical cable but it could also be a problem with the console processing audio. As we previously discussed, replacing the optical cable would be the cheapest option but I can't guarantee it will resolve the issue you're experiencing. The only way of resolving this problem is by process of elimination.

- Mitch