1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Astro Headsets at MLG Events

Discussion in 'ASTRO Nexus' started by Asusgamer, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Asusgamer

Asusgamer ASTRO Private

When I see the players playing at LAN events wearing what appear to be Astro headsets, they have much longer mics that wrap around to the front of their mouths. They also appear to be much stiffer than the default Astro Mics. Has any one else noticed those mics and do you happen to know if they are 3rd party mics or something? I do not see them as an accessory for Astro's. Just the normal mics that tend to stop around my jaw
  2. Asusgamer

Asusgamer ASTRO Private

[​IMG]

This is a picture for reference of the mic I am referring to.
    MikeInFL likes this.
  3. MikeInFL

MikeInFL ASTRO Private

4. Asusgamer

Asusgamer ASTRO Private

I wish I knew @MikeInFL I haven't been able to find them anywhere and never received a reply on here about them yet. I see them everywhere and I want that Mic so bad.
    MikeInFL likes this.
  5. MikeInFL

MikeInFL ASTRO Private

Sad day :( I hope that we get an answer soon!
  6. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

MikeInFL likes this.
  7. MikeInFL

MikeInFL ASTRO Private

Mitch,
    I've read the blog post already and while it shows and talks about the mic it does not showcase where to purchase it. We would like to know where to get the mic as it is obviously better than the one that comes with the a40 TR and the a50. And I own both.
  8. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey MikeInFL,

The microphone is not for sale as it's custom produced for our main stage headsets. However, in a home environment, it's not going to offer a much better solution over the A40 TR Mod Kit microphone or the A50 Wireless Headset microphone as they are both noise-isolating for designed for home usage. The main stage microphones are designed to go even further due to noise created by commentary speakers and crowds which could get picked up.

- Mitch