1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS4 vs XB1 A40 TR mixamp

Discussion in 'ASTRO Nexus' started by Jeremy England, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Anthony Unsworth

Anthony Unsworth ASTRO Private

I was at EGX yesterday at the Birmingham NEC and I was speaking to a Astro Employee, who was working on the Astro Exhibit. He assured me that these headsets work fine on either console as they are exactly the same on a different colour.
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Anthony Unsworth,

I wasn't at EGX this year but do you know which employee you may have been speaking to? I can try and clarify this with him.

The A10 Headset and A40 TR Headset can be used on either console as they are the same regardless of colour. They can also be used on either MixAmp.

The MixAmp Pro TR handles the USB functionality differently so if you tried to use the MixAmp Pro TR for Xbox One (white) on the PS4, you would only hear game audio. The PS4 would not pick up the USB voice chat due to it requiring drivers which only an Xbox One has. The same happens in reverse where the MixAmp Pro TR for PS4 (black) can be used on the Xbox One for game audio, but similar to the PS4, the Xbox One will only communicate with licensed products, and although it could see the MixAmp, it wouldn't use it.

Does this make more sense?

- Mitch
    Metalix likes this.
  3. Anthony Unsworth

Thanks for your reply, sorry I didn't get the employees name I was just chatting for a bit, I have now just purchased the Xbox TR and having a few issues. I'm struggling to mute the headset as when your press the inline mic button it doesn't stay muted and also, is there an in depth guide to what each button on the tr does as the guide in the box is very vague and there doesn't seem to be any other guides available on the website.
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Anthony Unsworth,

If you make a post on our Community Support, we can assist with the mute problem you're experiencing.

Our quick start guide should help with most questions about what the MixAmp Pro TR does, but we can go into more detail here.

1) Power Button.
    - The power button is located on the top left of the MixAmp Pro TR and switches the MixAmp on and off. A red ring around the power button indicates the MixAmp is in console mode while a white ring around the power button indicates the MixAmp is in PC mode. You can switch between the modes by holding down the power button for a few seconds, and you can change the default startup mode through the ASTRO Command Center software.

2) EQ button.
    - The EQ button switches between four EQ modes installed on your MixAmp Pro TR.
    – ASTRO: tuned for serious gamers specifically for the A40 Headset.
    – Flat: bypasses the EQ block.
    – Balanced: tuned for daily use.
    – Tournament: tuned for tournament use, and works great with the TR Mod Kits.

3) Dolby button which switches Dolby Headphone on and off. If you are listening to Dolby Digital Surround Sound, you will want Dolby Headphone enabled so your headset produces surround sound game audio or else the MixAmp will flatten everything into a stereo signal. If you are listening to a stereo source, you have two options. If you leave Dolby Headphone off, you will hear the stereo audio as it's intended. If you switch it on, Dolby Headphone will take certain cues from the audio to create a virtual 7.1 surround effect.

- Mitch
    Anthony Unsworth likes this.
  5. Anthony Unsworth

Thanks for the info that's very helpful, do have a solution to my mod kit mic issue, it just won't mute at all
  6. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Anthony Unsworth,

I have replied back to your thread regarding this issue.

- Mitch