Proper configuration for A40 TR Headset + MixAmp™ Pro TR FOR XBOX ONE and Dolby Atmos

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Anubis214, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Anubis214

Anubis214 ASTRO Private

Hi,

Just downloaded the Dolby Access app for Xbox One and I have a A40 TR Headset + MixAmp Pro TR hooked up to it.

I tried following instructions on http://blog.astrogaming.com/2017/08/astro-dolby-atmos-windows-sonic/ but they are very clear on what settings should be on the amp and on the xbox.
    I had Bitstream Out set to ‘Bitstream Format’ and ‘Dolby Digital.’ but I switched it to Dolby Atmos headphones and it seemed to come out right but I'm not sure if this is totally correct.

I'll admit I'm a total newb and could use some help
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Anubis214,

You're pretty much spot on.

You just need to set the headset audio to Dolby Atmos for Headphones and then enable the Using HDMI or optical audio headset which will send it to the game side of the mixer correctly. You then also need to turn Dolby off on the MixAmp as Dolby Atmos for Headphone uses its own surround sound effect which will be interfered with if you try and process it using Dolby Headphone on the MixAmp.

- Mitch
  3. Anubis214

Anubis214 ASTRO Private

That's the issue I've been having. I turn off the Dolby on the Mix amp and it sounds like it is stuck on stereo again. Do I need to restart the amp and the box at the same time for it to pick up the change?
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Anubis214,

No.

Does it sound like stereo within your games too? Dolby Atmos for Headphones is processed differently to Dolby Headphone 7.1 so you may find if the game is not using the rear or other channels, you will just be left with the channels that are outputting unlike Dolby Headphone which will take certain cues from the front channel to fill missing channels to always give you that surround experience.

Does that make sense?

- Mitch
  5. Anubis214

Anubis214 ASTRO Private

kinda.

The sound gets muffled and loses clarity when I have the Dolby on the mix amp off. So I'm not sure if I'm missing something with the settings on the amp
  6. Anubis214

Anubis214 ASTRO Private

I lost my guide book. Does Red on the Dolby mean it's on or off?
  7. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Anubis214,

Red means Dolby has been turned on, no ring around the button means Dolby has been turned off.

- Mitch
  8. Anubis214

Anubis214 ASTRO Private

Ok I had it backwards. I already had it turned off. Like I said newb
  9. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Anubis214,

No worries. Does it sound better now?

- Mitch
  10. Anubis214

Anubis214 ASTRO Private

Much. Thanks for the walk through and can't wait to try it with Battlefront 2
  11. ASTRO Vertigo

You're welcome, Anubis214.

Happy gaming :)

- Mitch