1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE allow the ability to choose a 5GHz channel on A50's!

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by fefifochizzle, Feb 21, 2018.

1. fefifochizzle

fefifochizzle ASTRO Private

I have Google WiFi and it doesn't let me choose a range of channels. I get severe interference with the A50's. Google won't let us change channels. I have seen many people on many threads both here and on the "Google Product forums" saying they have issues with 5Ghz interference. Google won't budge on removing the ability to change channels. They give zero reasonable options to fix this. Can you guys please add that as a function!
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey fefifochizzle,

We have a few more restrictions which limit the channels we can use and why we have to use an automatic selection. It's not possible for us to allow a manual selection for the headset at this time.

- Mitch
  3. Tom Hassell

Tom Hassell ASTRO Private

if Astro's official response is going to remain along these lines then its my strong belief that you should provide a disclaimer on your sales page for the A50's. $300 is a lot of money to spend to find out the mgf is going to take a hard line of head in the sand with regard to the technology around their flagship headphone series.
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Tom Hassell,

Even if we allowed you to select a channel manually, it would be a tiny selection as we are using the 5.8GHz range only. We don't believe a disclaimer is necessary as many devices in your home all have not selectable channels due to restrictions such as ours but it is something I can pass over to our team for review.

- Mitch