1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Party Chat using stream port w/ OBS (Astro A40 TR)

Discussion in 'ASTRO Nexus' started by Jaredivin, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Jaredivin

Jaredivin ASTRO Private

How do I get my Ps4 party chat to my twitch stream using OBS and the Astro A40 TR mixamp. Right now I just have a regular aux cable plugged into my elGato HD60 from my mixamp.

(current set up)

- Elgato HDMI Out goes to TV/Monitor
    - Elgato HDMI In goes to PS4
    - Elgato micro USB goes to PC
    - Astro A40 headset into mixamp pro
    - Mixamp pro optical into PS4
    - Mixamp pro USB into PS4
    - Mixamp pro Stream port to elgato HD60(via 3.5mm - 3.5mm stereo cable)

still no party chat however.
    Barz91 likes this.
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Jaredivin,

Within your Elgato settings, have you set it to use HDMI video with analog audio? And you may have to temporarily connect the USB cable from your MixAmp Pro TR to your computer and use the ASTRO Command Center software to adjust the stream output which includes what is outputted and at what volume levels.

- Mitch
  3. Jaredivin

Jaredivin ASTRO Private

I now changed the settings on elgato to analog audio and adjusted the mixamp settings, still no luck with party chat.
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Jaredivin,

If you connect your A40 Headset to the stream output, it will be a little quiet but can you hear party chat?

- Mitch
  5. Jaredivin

Jaredivin ASTRO Private

When you say connect my A40 to the stream output, do you mean by plugging the inline mute cable directly from my headset into the stream output on the mixamp?
  6. ASTRO Vertigo

That's correct, Jaredivin.

- Mitch
  7. Jaredivin

Jaredivin ASTRO Private

that disables me from chatting to my party myself.
  8. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Jaredivin,

It will stop you from chatting to your party, that is correct because your headset is no longer connected to the headset port. But it's only being used temporarily as a test to see if the stream output is outputting the audio that you desire such as your game audio and voice audio.

- Mitch
  9. Jaredivin

Jaredivin ASTRO Private

okay i see, that didnt work but i found a temporary solution to changing the audio output to TV and it completely distorts my sound (and echos) in my headset, but my stream can here now. Is there a better fix?
  10. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Jaredivin,

I'm not sure why that has made a different because the audio output has nothing to do with your voice chat. When you switch back to optical output and your stream can't hear your Party Chat, is it possibly you can screenshot all your settings within the ASTRO Command Center and post them on here for me to review please?

- Mitch
  11. Jaredivin

Jaredivin ASTRO Private

everything with the headset works fine, I can hear game/party sound. Its only when I go to my stream, They can't hear my ps4 party chat. If I change the audio output settings to TV audio (instead of Astro USB mixamp pro) they can then hear it but it distorts the sounds in my headset (much more rebotic)

http://puu.sh/lfDyT/da0c7a1b69.png <---- this is my stream port settings and how they're currently set. I have toggled with this a bit and to no avail until i switched up that audio output setting
  12. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Jaredivin,

Thanks for letting me know. I understand now.

What you're doing is forcing the PS4 to push your voice audio through the HDMI output to your capture card but it won't sound as good and will render the mixer on your MixAmp unusable. Your stream port looks okay so I assume the problem here is that your Elgato hasn't been set to use the analog input correctly especially if you can hear voice audio through your stream when you change the console settings.

Let me have a check later today on my own setup and I will see if there is an option we are missing.

- Mitch
  13. Jaredivin

Jaredivin ASTRO Private

and the issue here is when I stream through OBS, not elgato's software. So im not sure how much correlation there is between the two.
  14. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Jaredivin,

Any settings which you've made to the Elgato Game Capture HD60 from the Elgato software should carry over to OBS because it ties into the software to pull the capture card feed but I'm just connecting everything together now and will let you know in a few minutes.

- Mitch
  15. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Jaredivin,

So I'm using OBS MultiPlatform but this should be similar for the standard OBS.

Right click on your Elgato HD60 within your Sources and then select Properties. Somewhere in here, you should see an option to Configure Video. Click on it. You should see a screen similar to mine below, make sure that Analog Audio has been enabled so it pulls the audio from your stream output instead of the HDMI cable. These settings should generally carry over from your Elgato software but in case they are not, you can manually change them here.

Once you have enabled Analog Audio, you should be able to hear your Party Chat through your stream. Make sure you have disabled any other microphones within OBS unless you plan on using them and only pulling game and voice audio from the stream output or else you will get an echo of your own voice.

[​IMG]

- Mitch
  16. Jaredivin

Jaredivin ASTRO Private

alright Mitch, that finally did it. You were right about an echo with the "Blue snowball" I have, but I will just mess with the settings in the Astro Command Center to get this fixed. Thanks a bunch!
  17. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Jaredivin,

Glad I could help you out. It took some time but we got there, right? :D

For your Blue Microphone, you can either disable that using OBS or use the ASTRO Command Center to disable the microphone from outputting through the stream output. Your choice. Also do you have a link to your stream I can follow?

- Mitch
  18. Jaredivin

Jaredivin ASTRO Private

Yeah, i've been searching for a solution for a while, and discovered that Astros were about the only way to do things. I waited for these new ones to come out, since I was shopping for some around early Sept. Glad they paid off!

Yeah I got that all figured out. Thanks again!

lol if you're interested in that heres a shameless plug: www.twitch.tv/jaredivin
  19. ASTRO Vertigo

I'll definitely tune in if I have time, Jaredivin :)

- Mitch
  20. Jukebox

Jukebox ASTRO Private

does all this apply when streaming with the xbox one as well?? is it only party chat? or does is capture game chat as well?