1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixamp pro tr on PC and XB1 at same time

Discussion in 'ASTRO Nexus' started by cachorrillo92, Nov 28, 2015.

1. cachorrillo92

cachorrillo92 ASTRO Private

Hi guys, I'm Spanish and new in this forum, so, sorry for my poor english and my poor understanding about this subject.

I'm highly interested in Astro Mix Amp Pro Tr White, mainly for use it in xbox one, but if i could use it on the PC too, that would be perfect. I hear that there is one cord that goes to the optical out of xbox one and then you can put the usb in the pc so that you can have the mixamp pro running at the 2 devices. But if you do this, the xbox one voice chat doesn't work, it isn't right?

Is there any option that i could use for to get full working in the 2 devices instead always have to swap usb from xbox-pc and pc-xbox? Something like this? a usb duplicator?

http://www.amazon.es/Ugreen®-Puertos-Ordenadores-Teléfonos-tarjetas/dp/B00LN67RUQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1448726415&sr=1-2&keywords=hub micro usb

Or something else? In my pc i have a soundcard Asus Xonar Essence STX.

Thanks a lot for your help.
  2. oNs JUGG

oNs JUGG ASTRO Private

I Just bought the TR A40's and am trying to figure out this exact thing. Since I was able to have it setup with my old mixamp by using the usb audio on the mixamp for the pc and then digital optical for my xbox. but the Issue I am running into with the TR is the the usb needs to be plugged into the xbox for the voice chat to work. But I think I might have found some sort of solution. you will need a type of Digital Optical Audio Switcher with this you should be able to have both the audio from your pc and xbox piping into the mixamp. only Issue would be that you will still need to have the usb connected to the Xbox for voice but a workaround would be to have a standalone mic for the pc, you can find a decent cheap usb mic or clip on mics. its not the most elegant solution. It was much easier to setup on my old mixamp, but this is the only way I have found of doing it. if anyone knows of a better way please do share.

3. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey cachorrillo92 and oNs JUGG,

The MixAmp Pro TR can't be used on the Xbox One and PC at the same time for full functionality but you could use it in a state where you hear game audio from your Xbox One and voice audio from your PC.

With the MixAmp Pro TR, when you game on your Xbox One, the optical cable handles your game audio and the USB cable handles your voice audio but on the PC, the USB cable is only needed to handle both. If you have an optical cable connected to the MixAmp Pro TR, this actually disables the game audio on the USB cable when connected to your PC because the MixAmp Pro TR can only process one digital signal at one time so this is why a USB switch also wouldn't work because you would still need to manually disconnect the optical cable.

The easiest way to switch between the two would be to purchase another USB cable and leave it at the back of your MixAmp Pro TR. When you want to switch between your Xbox One and your PC, you just need to remove the optical cable and USB cable running to your console and then connect the USB cable running from your PC. When you want to switch back to your Xbox One, just disconnect the USB cable running to your PC and connect the optical cable and USB cable running to your console.

- Mitch
  4. kenshinesca

kenshinesca ASTRO Private

You could just use the aux port on the mixamp to your pc headphone port for PC sound and optical and usb to xbox one for chat and 7.1 audio on the console. then just use a webcam mic on pc for skype or whatever.
  5. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey kenshinesca,

You could do this but this defeats the purpose of using the MixAmp Pro TR with the PC because you're losing out on the ability to mix between game and voice, hear surround sound from your PC games and use your EQ presets. More importantly, you're also losing out on being able to use your A40 Headset microphone for voice chat and are instead forced to use a webcam microphone which picks up a lot of background noise including your mouse and keyboard.

- Mitch
  6. Yodax

Yodax ASTRO Private

Vertigo,

Cachorilla92 states that his main purpose is for xbox one. Like me, he probably enjoys listening to music from PC while playing xbox. Is there any possible configuration that allows PC audio to come into the mixamp and mix with xbox audio. On top of this, is there a way for the headset microphone to go to both the xbox and PC, maybe a another mixer of some sort?
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  7. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Yodax,

You can run a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo cable from the stereo output to the AUX input on your MixAmp Pro TR if you wanted to listen to music but you may encounter a buzzing which normally can be removed by purchasing a ground loop isolator which are pretty cheap. There is no way to have the fully voice functionality on both the Xbox One and the PC because both require the USB cable and normally there isn't a reason to chat on both at the same time.

If you wanted your microphone to go to a PC for commentary or streaming purposes, you can set the stream output on the MixAmp Pro TR to output your microphone only and then run this using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo cable to the microphone or line-in input on your computer.

- Mitch
  8. Cuhrunchy

Cuhrunchy ASTRO Private

I lol'd really hard when I read this thread. I myself have actually been in the hunt for a new TR mixamp simply for the streaming functionality of it. But as we all know, you can't have a proper stream without a proper PC running the whole shabang. And what's the point of the TR if you can only have it operating on one device at a time? One of the best things about the old mixamps was that they could operate with both my xbox and PC at the same exact time. It was one of the biggest selling points when I would tell people about them. It seems that we will just never be able to escape the splitter hell jungles that are haunting our "next-gen" consoles. I would call this new TR mixamp a HUGE goof-up on Astro's part. This is coming from a long-time Astro customer who personally has purchased and still owns 4 different complete A40 sound systems because I've been so pleased with them. But these TR's just feel like some sort of marketing scam that's been set up before-hand with the console companies of today. I apologize for the rant here and I am by no means trying to single you out Mitch (you're awesome) I am just very disappointed with how restricted these TR's seem. I'd like to end this with a question: Do you have a new model of mixamp on the way already that will be able to handle the dual audio conundrum that we are facing with the TR and PC/XB1? (Or perhaps some sort of dream Astro-made USB splitter/adapter that will be included with the mixamps to allow for Xb1 and PC audio mixed in with NO buzzing? Thank you.
  9. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Cuhrunchy,

It's because the Xbox One now requires the USB cable for voice chat but this is similar to how our previous MixAmp Pro GEN1 and GEN2 required it for the PS4. The MixAmp Pro TR has a fully customizable stream output which you can set to include the audio you want at the levels you want. You should encounter no buzzing but if you do, it's probably a ground loop causing the problem and a 3.5mm ground loop isolator should remove it for you.

- Mitch
  10. Cuhrunchy

Cuhrunchy ASTRO Private

Mitch how would I go about utilizing my Blue Yeti with the new TR mixamp? Also allow me to ask if I would be able to use my current Astro mixamp and just the TR's headset and updated microphone with the current mixamp stream port to my pc?
  11. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Cuhrunchy,

When you say use the Blue Yeti with the MixAmp Pro TR, do you mean have it so you can voice chat on the Xbox One as normal and then have game and voice audio outputting to your PC to stream with your Blue Yeti on there?

- Mitch
  12. Cuhrunchy

Cuhrunchy ASTRO Private

Hey Mitch, I actually just got the Mixamp TR in today and am just using it with my original A40 headset. I have it all set up with the Blue Yeti and it is working great. No buzzing from the AUX to my PC lucky enough :D I just wanted to apologize for being a smartass cunt about the new mixamp. I am glad I went ahead and bought it. I'll be coming to you especially with any issues that come up :) Thanks again for all you do.
  13. ASTRO Vertigo

No worries, Cuhrunchy.

Please let us know if you have any other questions about it :)

- Mitch
  14. Cuhrunchy

Cuhrunchy ASTRO Private

One more quick question that came up today. Is it okay to keep the mixamp turned on while my xbox is turned off so i can continue to listen to PC audio? The mixamp would still be plugged in to the Xbox, but again the xbox is powered down. I was concerned as to how the mixamp's power consumption works while the xbox is turned off.
  15. Tyler Fritch

Tyler Fritch ASTRO Private

So what If I decide I want to get on my PC and the USB for the PC is in, and so is the optical cable for the Xbox, but the Xbox is off. Will this still harm the functionality?
  16. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Cuhrunchy,

Sorry for missing your post.

This is completely fine. The MixAmp will only power on if there is enough power coming from the USB ports of the console.

- Mitch
  17. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Tyler,

It won't harm any functionality.

The MixAmp Pro TR can only process one digital signal at a time so if the optical cable is sending a signal, the game side of the USB cable is disabled. So if the Xbox One is switched off and is not sending any signals, you should theoretically be able to use the full game and voice audio on your PC.

- Mitch
  18. Zack

Zack ASTRO Private

If you were to plug in the mixamp via usb to the pc, and had windows 10, you can use windows 10s xbox app to talk to people in your party chat while also getting pc audio.
  19. Philip Bowen

Philip Bowen ASTRO Private

Just curious, I watched a video of Astro demonstrating the A40 TR Mixamp and they said the TR can be daisy-chained with other TR Mixamps. Could you probably daisy-chain 2 TR Mixamps to actually hook up to PC and Xbox One and have full function with both instead of switching the Amps over and not having a Mic on whichever one the USB is plugged into? Meaning you could have a USB plugged into a PC and Xbox in this manner. Then you could just switch your headset to whichever system you want to chat on. I do the PC setup and use XBOX APP on Windows 10 but streaming Xbox to PC is not always reliable since it can lag pretty bad at times and party chat seems to drop out sometimes.

They did mention being able to use that for private party chat network but im confused why someone would even need that with the exception of probably a tournament.

I do not have a link to the video I watched but ASTRO said they daisy-chained 25 Mixamps without any distortion. They explained its digital so there would be no distortion and they could have linked more together but they run out of power outlets lol...
  20. Philip Bowen

Philip Bowen ASTRO Private

--------------------------------
    I saw a video of being able to daisy-chain TR Mixamps so possibly that way. Im actually waiting for a answer about that now.