1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

microphone not picking up and sound

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by zSilverx, Feb 11, 2015.

1. zSilverx

zSilverx ASTRO Private

My headset mic is not picking up any sound on any counsel I try it on. Its supposedly not broken because I sent it in to astro is there any settings on PC that I could change to fix this? Or could they have been wrong when I sent it in
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hi zSilverx,

Have you tried the microphone on the opposite side of your headset?

- Mitchell
  3. zSilverx

zSilverx ASTRO Private

Yes there is still no sound coming from it
  4. Gcastillo1986

Gcastillo1986 ASTRO Private

I also just picked up a pair of a40s and am not getting any voice to the ps4. I can't even get voice when plugged directly into the controller. I have tried plugging it into my iPhone and iPad and can use the mic on both sides. When plugged into PC I have to plug into either just mic for voice or just headphones for sound. If I use the splitter that came with it I don't get voice. I've configured all my settings on ps4 as indicated. What can I do to get chat?
  5. ASTRO Vertigo

Hi Gcastillo1986,

When connected to your iPhone or iPad, can you confirm it's using the A40 Headset microphone and not the internal one built in?

- Mitchell
  6. spcanders

spcanders ASTRO Private

My mic just stopped working as well. Worked fine earlier today, turned on my ps4, and nobody can hear me. I switched sides, restarted everything, tested on other devices, and nothing. Pretty bad for a headset that I take good care of and have only had for a couple months.
  7. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey spcanders,

Are you using an A40 Headset or an A50 Wireless Headset?

- Mitch
  8. spcanders

spcanders ASTRO Private

Astro A40's
  9. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey spcanders,

Can you confirm that the mute switch hasn't been set with the red line and if your mute switch also has an inline microphone, ensure this is disabled by setting the toggle switch to A and not B.

- Mitch