Massive disappointment !

Discussion in 'ASTRO Nexus' started by Paul Jones, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Paul Jones

Paul Jones ASTRO Private

I bought a pair of A50's for my PS4 the other day in the expectation of them being the best headphones money can buy ... And I have to say the sound absolutely blew me away...

But ... Why oh why make then open backed?? How completely pointless to wear headphones that don't block out the noise around me .. I might as well just turn on my speakers.

Sorry ... Refunded.
  2. kofman13

kofman13 ASTRO Private

lol you could have read description before buying to see if it’s open back or not. Open back is great so you can hear what’s around you At home and not get startled or talk too loud
  3. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Paul Jones,

The A50 Wireless Headset is listed as open-back although technically is semi-closed-back as the one side of the ear cup is sealed. You require the A50 Mod Kit to seal it to a closed-back design completely. The reason the headset is not closed-back from the beginning is that it allows a more natural sounding acoustic with your audio. Closed-back headsets can block the outside noise from being heard, but it will change how you perceive the sound from your headset as it may sound like it's coming from in your head rather than around you.

- Mitch