Increase mic monitoring on A50 please?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Coxy_UK, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Coxy_UK

Coxy_UK ASTRO Private

It seems there is some mic monitoring going on (where you can hear yourself) but it is extremely minimal to the point of being almost pointless. Sadly no volume dial for it, something which has always been a fantastic feature of Turtle Beach headsets.

Anyway to increase it in a firmware update? Perhaps different firmware versions for different volumes?

Thanks
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Coxy_UK,

For the GEN1 and GEN2 products, it's not possible for us to adjust the microphone monitoring but the A50 Wireless and Base Station has an option through the ASTRO Command Center to set the sidetone for your preference due to it being a digital customizable product.

- Mitch
  3. Coxy_UK

Coxy_UK ASTRO Private

Hi Mitch, I connected to the Command Centre and found the side tone is already at maximum. Any chance the maximum could be increased at some point please? At the moment it really is almost useless to be honest, it's even worse for my mate who has a small kid at home so needs to be careful how loud he talks at night!
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Coxy_UK,

Is your microphone placed as close to your mouth as possible? I have passed your feedback on to see if we are able to increase it further via a firmware update.

- Mitch
    o Freeser78 likes this.
  5. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey xiTERMINATORxx,

That could be too close :D

The feedback has been passed on to our team so we will look at increasing the microphone monitoring via a firmware update in the future.

- Mitch
  6. mummson

mummson ASTRO Private

I'm in a similar situation as Coxy_UK can't have too much noise when the little one is sleeping :).

I have the sidetone slider at max but I would like it to be louder. My workaround is to lower the volume in each games and crank up the volume on the mixamp, but that could result in catastrophic hearing loss. :)