1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you've been banned, read this!

Discussion in 'ASTRO Nexus' started by stanimal, Sep 17, 2010.

1. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hi gamesforum,

You are partially correct. However, we have tried most of the prevention methods and they do not work mainly because they have already been compromised such as RECaptcha etc. However, we do have something we are working on to stop the spam in the future, until then we are manually deleting the accounts one by one. You probably won't see the spam on the forum for that long. I would say an hour max depending on if we are away from the computer.

- Mitchell
  2. rectina

rectina ASTRO Private

They need to clean house
  3. levi

levi ASTRO Private

Him

The house is very dirty...
  4. Jokers Fury

Jokers Fury ASTRO Private

It's official, ASTRO needs to hire a mod to delete all of this spam and ban the users who are doing crap like this post before me...
  5. ASTRO Refraxion

ASTRO Refraxion Social Media Team Staff Member

That's what Vertigo and myself are here for :). Spam has gotten worse over the past year and there are only limited prevention methods beyond us manually deleting the spam
  6. Games

Games ASTRO Private

This is an issue I see on almost every forum, I think adding in really hard registration questions along with the CAPTCHA should be enough to keep those spam bots away though.
  7. lanka

lanka ASTRO Private

I have got it!
  8. Mr No Nonsense

Mr No Nonsense ASTRO Private

I'm not banned but I can't add replies in any other forum. Can a mod fix?
  9. ASTRO Refraxion

ASTRO Refraxion Social Media Team Staff Member

You're all set!
  10. Jdragon1

Jdragon1 ASTRO Private

Questions about the Astrogaming a38

So... I was looking to but astrogaming a38 and i was wondering how many feet can i and cant be with the bluetooth headphone.
  11. sophialara

sophialara ASTRO Private

hi i m sophiaaa

hi i m sophia:)
  12. DGThread

DGThread ASTRO Private

I noticed there is a lot of spam in the welcome mat section... just sayin. Cant wait for my Astros!
  13. PALADiN

PALADiN ASTRO Private

I daresay you need some more moderators that operate in different time zones so that the spam can be cleaned out faster.
  14. jerryredat

jerryredat ASTRO Private

I wanted another set and found this forum in the process. I've tried to be helpful with my knowledge and have had a few questions too and everything was going great so i order an a40 wired setup with extras and even paid a bit extra for shipping and then 24 hours later i get on here to find i've been banned