1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headset Volume goes to Max after sitting on base station A50 Gen3

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Triggered, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Triggered

Triggered ASTRO Private

I've had this recurring issue for a few months now that's getting pretty old. I have my volume balanced as I want it, game/chat, master in headset, and PC volume. If I reset the headset and sync on base station everything is perfect, volume is exactly where I want it. When I'm done for the night I'll put the headset back on the base station making absolutely sure its charging and synced.

Now when I go to use the headset the next day as soon as I turn it on the volume is maxed out. I'm talking ear bleeding loud. I can turn the master headset volume down and all is fine. Que the vicious cycle all over again, every day. When I check the Astro command center program, it shows all of my settings where they should be.

I feel like its headset related, but when I first set the headset up everything was fine. I don't recall any updates since I set it up.
    This issue started a few months ago and I'm just frankly tired of dealing with it. Love the headset, but this is killing me.

I've tried USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports with the same issue. I am currently using a different USB cable than what came with it, but the problem had started long before I put this cable on.
    I am using custom sound profiles with Dolby off.
    I reset the headset using the Dolby + game buttons.
    Windows 10 current update
  2. Triggered

Triggered ASTRO Private

I forgot to add;
    Headset FW: 24327.42
    Base Station FW: 24246.42
  3. Triggered

Triggered ASTRO Private

Any ideas?
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Triggered,

The master volume may reset to a default status although it shouldn't be at its maximum position. I believe it should reset to around 50% master volume to allow you to comfortably adjust it louder or quieter depending on your preference. The the mixer will reset back to a default which can be changed through the ASTRO Command Center software.

- Mitch
  5. Triggered

Triggered ASTRO Private

Thanks, the mixer is center balanced, I haven't adjusted this. The master volume is going to or very close to Max. When I reset the headset, I assume, it goes to 50% and it requires no further adjustment. I wish the command center had an option for the master volume where it could be seen what % its set to and manually adjusted. This would help me figure out what exactly is changing. As of right now I never see any changes to my settings when this happens, before or after.
  6. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Triggered,

I will pass this feedback over to our team for consideration. There may be a reason why we couldn't add this through the ASTRO Command Center software.

- Mitch
  7. Triggered

Triggered ASTRO Private

Thanks for that. For now I'm just plugging it in to charge and I haven't had any more issues.