1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Theft Auto 5

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by ASTRO Vertigo, Oct 25, 2011.

1. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hi all.

So GTA V was announced today and the trailer coming very very soon. What do we all think will be included in the game and how long until it's released?

With Saints Row 3 coming out it won't surprise me if they use this time to put planes and jetpacks back in the game and I think the game will probably hit stores around April next year. They always try and make the game land end March / start April.

- Mitchell
  2. Warbladex

Warbladex ASTRO Alumni

I keep reading rumors that it could be a Miami/Vice City type map. This would make sense for the latter games following suit with how the earlier GTA games were released.

-ASTRO Warblade
  3. Part-Time Asian

Part-Time Asian ASTRO Private

Strange...I heard more rumors about it being in San Andreas again. I guess we'll just have to see when the trailer comes out in 2 days.
  4. SocksWthSandals

SocksWthSandals ASTRO Community Leader

I love the gtas. But they are the same thing every game. I still need to finish 4
  5. Alpha I Omega

Alpha I Omega ASTRO Community Leader

GTA turned into a huge joke after San Andreas.
    If they don't have the crazy over the top stuff in the new game, I'm sure people won't be as interested.
    I'll buy it if it has planes, and crazy gameplay, but GTA 4 was a huge disappointment.
  6. Part-Time Asian

Part-Time Asian ASTRO Private

Alpha, you should look into Saints Row the Third. It seems like it has everything you want in a sandbox game.

I do agree that GTA 4 was okay, but pretty disappointing in terms of content and replayability. The main story was pretty boring, but the added DLC (ballad of gay tony) was fun. Also, the multiplayer was very lacking. Hopefully, Rockstar doesn't take itself too seriously with GTA 5 and bring back all the goodies from San Andreas (jetpacks, planes, the works).
  7. Alpha I Omega

Im a HUGE fan of saints row, im actually almost in the top 100 for most time played in Saints Row 2 :)
  8. ASTRO Vertigo

Agreed.

GTA IV was great, but after the story was finished, the online just bored me after a while as there wasn't nothing to do plus the free roam online got repetitive due to there not being any good vehicles. Personally when they show the trailer tomorrow, I don't care what they show as long as they promise me planes and a flying tank for private online games I'm sorted.

I understand that Rockstar can't put cheats on the online modes. Although surely they can place limited cheats on private games that the host can turn on and off at will.

- Mitchell
  9. Alpha I Omega

It's not so much the cheats that made GTA, albeit how awesome they used to be, but I think vehicle gameplay and open sprawling worlds is what made GTA into the controversial game we all loved to play.
  10. ASTRO Vertigo

Okay.

GTA V Trailer is out and it looks beautiful. Can't wait for the release date. It has the best looking cars which are convertible, bikes, planes, fighter jets and I even spotted a truck with a trailer.

- Mitchell
  11. Alpha I Omega

I saw the fighter jet, looking forward to more trailers.
  12. SocksWthSandals

That trailer makes me excited for that game
  13. Alpha I Omega

Nsfw nsfw nsfw nsfw

sorry for the thread jack, but THIS is why I like Saints Row. INCREDIBLY NSFW.
    [video=youtube;xiXourt_bnM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiXourt_bnM[/video]
    This is like GTA San Andreas on steroids.
  14. zAubW

zAubW ASTRO Private

Trailer looks sick. IV was great when you were playing during the storyline, but after the story was finished, wasn't much to do.
  15. I love grand theft auto!!
  16. SocksWthSandals

Did you guys read they were thinking about making it a digital download only? That would make it so you cant return the game to places like gamestop for credit.
  17. Alpha I Omega

even for xbox?
    I would never support a game that did this. I dont trade in games normally but thats absurd.
  18. SocksWthSandals

For every console is what I read in some article. It makes perfect sense though.

You can go buy the box at gamestop if you like to have it in your collection. All that will come in the box is a code for the game and maybe some extra cool stuff since they dont have to print the disks.
  19. MattyLight

MattyLight ASTRO Private

That is a terrible idea in my opinion. People like to let their friends borrow the game when they're done and whot not. Trying to boost sales? Also, isn't the game taking place in "Hollywood"?
  20. SocksWthSandals

I think San Andreas again. Lot of game companies are doing some remake stuff lately and its not cool.