1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming monitor

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by HULK, Jun 17, 2011.

1. HULK

HULK ASTRO Private

What do you think is the best gaming monitor available for the xbox 360
  2. gardenislandbradda

gardenislandbradda ASTRO Private

3. HULK

HULK ASTRO Private

yeah i was thinking about getting the same one to it has low to no lag, fast response time, and no ghosting
  4. marpla

marpla ASTRO Private

5. HULK

HULK ASTRO Private

The asus vh238h monitor look's good for gaming
  6. HULK

HULK ASTRO Private

but i think if you want to get the best out of your money get the asus vh236h monitor
  7. marpla

marpla ASTRO Private

8. SocksWthSandals

SocksWthSandals ASTRO Community Leader

any monitor that is around 22 inches and has a 2ms response time should be a good monitor. the asus monitor is an alright choice. acer makes a few good ones. viewsonic makes some good ones. http://www.google.com/products/cata...a=X&ei=f4v7TZ7dLYWcsQOnu-HeBQ&ved=0CFQQ8wIwAQ this is the one i use for gaming when i use a monitor and not my tv and the colors are really good. that is like the mlg forums choice monitor, a lot of people have it and like it. alienware makes a nice one but its way too expensive
  9. gardenislandbradda

gardenislandbradda ASTRO Private

I was thinking of getting these monitors but didn't like the stand.But I did stick with Asus and got this one instead.I love it and it is really good.
    http://www.amazon.com/ML228H-22-Inc...PHEQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308331354&sr=8-1
    they also have a 24 inch monitors.
    http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-ML248H-2...YG70/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1308331354&sr=8-5
  10. kevin nail

kevin nail ASTRO Private

Does anyone know how much better 120Hz is then 60Hz, beacuse im thinking of buying a ASUS 3D monitor. I am wondering if anyone has any experience between the 2.
  11. AcIdC0R3

AcIdC0R3 ASTRO Private

Of course 120Hz is better than 60Hz and 240Hz is better than 120Hz. Before I decided to buy my LG LED HDTV I waited for the technology to bring LED's into the 240Hz range. Less lag or jitter during fast scenes or game play.
  12. kevin nail

kevin nail ASTRO Private

Thanks Acid
  13. SocksWthSandals

for a tv id get 120hz. monitor i have 2 60hz and i cant tell of any lag or jitrers

but remember, anything above 240 is just a marketing tactic. human eyes cant see past 240hz so the tvs where you see advertising of refresh rate in the 400-500s is a bunch of bull
  14. AcIdC0R3

AcIdC0R3 ASTRO Private

Agreed, I think only plasmas report those speeds though.
  15. HULK

HULK ASTRO Private

yeah Panasonic does market 600 hz heavily
  16. SocksWthSandals

i think lcds and leds have them too. yea 600h is dumb. a lot of reviews say the picture doesnt look good for regular tv. only maybe gaming
  17. AcIdC0R3

AcIdC0R3 ASTRO Private

My LED does 240Hz but since I bought my last one I haven't checked if they have gotten any faster. I check later today and see.
  18. marpla

marpla ASTRO Private

What do you have Acid?
  19. AcIdC0R3

AcIdC0R3 ASTRO Private

20. HULK

HULK ASTRO Private

that's a nice setup