1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends can hear my sound through my headset A40 TR w/ mixamp pro

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by iExzelz, Mar 30, 2016.

1. iExzelz

iExzelz ASTRO Private

I recently got A40 tr's with a mixamp pro. The mic and sound work but when I was in a skype call with my friend he could the youtube video sounds very clearly. I tried looking up the answer but I could not find anything. If someone could help me with this problem please. Thank you
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey iExzelz,

Under Skype, you probably have the ASTRO MixAmp Pro Game set as your recording device.

When you connect the MixAmp PRo TR to your computer in PC mode, you gain four audio devices. You gain the ASTRO MixAmp Pro Game which is the game side of your mixer and the ASTRO MixAmp Pro Voice which is the voice side of your mixer. Under your recording devices, you also gain the same devices but the ASTRO MixAmp Pro Voice is your microphone and should be used at all times and the ASTRO MixAmp Pro Game is the stream output which contains all of your audio and is designed for livestreaming.

- Mitch
  3. iExzelz

iExzelz ASTRO Private

Yes they can no longer hear my sounds thank you so much! :)
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

Glad to hear, iExzelz :)

- Mitch
  5. kioneshot

kioneshot ASTRO Private

I'm currently having the same problem he had, i switched my skype settings and all the other settings. Also my friends on discord can hear it to
  6. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey kioneshot,

Could you send me a screenshot of your Windows playback and recording devices along with the input and output settings on Skype and Discord please? So I can forward this to our support team to see if we are aware of this problem and what to advise.

- Mitch
  7. Sal-c7

Sal-c7 ASTRO Private

Hello, I Kinda have the same problem, but it happens in all the voice prog, and in game. I play overwatch and every time i try to speak to the players using in-game voice people start to tell me that they can hear everything happens in the game from my mic and again the same thing happens when i am using TeamSpeak / Discord / Mumble. And it happens also when i am playing ANY other game. It's really annoying people and it's annoying me more. I can really seek some help in here. Please Answer me.
  8. Sal-c7

Sal-c7 ASTRO Private

Also when i watch a movie or a Youtube video, the sound is low i have almost max the Volume from the mix amp to hear what i am watching really good. I can also get some help for that please.
  9. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Sal-c7,

I have replied back to your thread directly.

- Mitch
  10. Jake Laux

Jake Laux ASTRO Private

I'm having the same exact problem and not sure why. Whenever I use the inline mute cable people I'm on Skype with can hear whatever video or game I'm playing and it causes them to reverb when they speak.
  11. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Jake Laux,

Are you using a MixAmp Pro TR or connecting the headset directly to your PC?

- Mitch
  12. Jake Laux

Jake Laux ASTRO Private

I'm using a MixAmp Pro TR.
  13. Jake Laux

Jake Laux ASTRO Private

After further testing it has to do with the cable itself. When I push the mute button it works fine. But if I use the mute toggle the game or video gets rerouted through my mic which is really weird.