1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Enhanced tones" GEN3 A50

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by andDrewskY, Dec 5, 2016.

1. andDrewskY

andDrewskY ASTRO Private

This is what the description says on BestBuy's website: "... This Astro Gaming wireless headset also includes connections that let you plug it into an Astro MixAmp for the most enhanced tones."

I know wireless earbuds, for instance, most times receive compressed sound for lesser quality, but performance? Is that the same w/ the wireless frequency here? (I know it's not Bluetooth) I was under the impression that the mix amp pro in the (Gen3) A50 would transmit an identical (*W/ maybe 1ms of delay) sound as the A40TR wired to the mix amp pro?

Question is, if I hooked a mix amp pro to these would they sound better?
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey andDrewskY,

Do you have a link to the product page you're looking at? I did check the Best Buy website but can't see that wrote on the page.

As for your question, the A50 Wireless that comes with the Base Station can't be connected to a MixAmp Pro, and you wouldn't receive any improved audio. The sound difference between our A50 Wireless and Base Station and MixAmp Pro TR is virtually identical.

- Mitch