1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot get any game audio with Astro wireless a20 (Xbox 1)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Rarewolfgirl, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Rarewolfgirl

Rarewolfgirl ASTRO Private

Just bought an a20 headset and cannot get game audio. I can hear my friends in a party chat clearly but cannot get any game sound.
  2. MoLarryCurly

MoLarryCurly ASTRO Private

Make sure you have connected the optical cable provided and depending on your platform you will need to ensure that your console audio is set up correctly. Also, make sure you have updated the firmware AND very important turn up your game wheel volume button. I've noticed that the game volume will "forget" where it was when I turn it off and I may need to readjust. One other thought is the game/chat sound balance buttons next to the game wheel volume. Make sure you don't have chat all the way up at the expense of game sound.

Edit: sorry I just noticed you wrote XB1 in the thread title. Make sure your XB1 audio output is set up as follows:

Optical audio set to stereo uncompressed and headset format set to either Sonic for Windows (free) or Dolby Atmos (fee). If you set to Windows Sonic also check the box for HDMI or Optical Headset.
  3. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Rarewolfgirl,

As mentioned above, make sure the optical output has been set to Stereo Uncompressed. If you have set it to either Bitstream Dolby Digital or DTS, then these are both unsupported formats which will result in no game audio being produced through your headset.

- Mitch
  4. Cursed300

Cursed300 ASTRO Private

I have a question because I connected everything and yesterday everything on the head set was working but know I can't here in audio coming through the Xbox to the headphones. So is there a mute button that I accidentally pushed?
  5. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey, Cursed300,

I can see you have also posted in another thread.

Do you have your own thread open? It would be easier for us to help troubleshoot your issue more easily without taking over another thread which is currently in troubleshooting.

- Mitch
  6. Jay08

Jay08 ASTRO Private

Same problem and done all the suggestions anyone manage to solve this?
  7. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Jay08,

Are you able to hear the voice audio fine other than the game audio being missing?

- Mitch
  8. Andrew_TBOF

Andrew_TBOF ASTRO Private

I can hear the game and party chat fine but my mic isn't working so i can't talk what do I do?
  9. Darrin

Darrin ASTRO Private

Same...
  10. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Darrin,

Do you have a thread open so we can try and troubleshoot you better?

- Mitch
  11. Darrin

Darrin ASTRO Private

No, just been emailing support back and forth and they just send me set up videos like I haven't already done that. You guys really need to work on your customer support system, Twitter support is down, it tell you to go to discord and that's down, then I try reddit and that's down lol I don't even know how to create a thread on here lol
  12. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Darrin,

Our Discord is currently running.

Do you have a support case number and a link to your Twitter conversation so I can review these, please?

- Mitch
  13. jsd09a

jsd09a ASTRO Private

Same issue with not being able to talk. Any fix?
  14. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey jsd09a,

I can see you have made a thread and I will post there so we can troubleshoot you separately.

- Mitch