1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Problems with A40 TR Xbox One

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by HouseOfDerp, Nov 23, 2018.

1. HouseOfDerp

HouseOfDerp ASTRO Private

I have the mixer cranked to the right because the voice chat seems to be faint when I have it at half but even at max I can barely hear my friends yet everything seems in good condition. (Game sound is perfect also which is weird)

Attached Files:

2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey HouseOfDerp,

Is this happening on all your games and party chat or have you only tried it with certain games?

- Mitch
  3. HouseOfDerp

Hey Mitch,

Yes it is indeed happening in all my games and party chat including while being on the dashboard, I just tested it with a voice message and I can barely hear my friend even with the chat cranked so it eliminates any game volume while also being at 100 on my mixer.

-Seth
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Seth,

I will run through some troubleshooting on a local console here to see if I can replicate this problem. Have you been in touch with our support team to see if they have any troubleshooting they can offer?

- Mitch
  5. HouseOfDerp

Hey Mitch,

I wasn’t able to get in touch with the support team that’s why I posted here and I got a update on my situation which is I cranked it to game volume and now the chat and game sound is perfectly balanced like it would be in the middle which is very weird.

-Seth
  6. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Seth,

Under Settings > Display and Sound > Volume.

What is the Party Chat Output set to?

- Mitch
  7. HouseOfDerp

Hey Mitch,

Sorry for the late reply took a power nap and ended up crashing hard but here is what my volume settings are set to.

Attached Files:

8. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey HouseOfDerp,

Switch that option to Headset only and this should fix your issue :). Also, you may need to check the Chat Mixer is set to voice only.

- Mitch
  9. HouseOfDerp

Hey Mitch,

That worked but the chat is still very faint so do you think it may be a problem with my cord or? Game sounds are still fine just chat is faint but not as faint when it was before I set the output to headset
  10. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey HouseOfDerp,

Above that option is the Chat Mixer, click on that and make sure it's set all the way towards voice and if another option appears, the volume has been set to 100%.

- Mitch
  11. HouseOfDerp

This is what it displays in “Chat Mixer” and when I try every options nothing works

Attached Files:

12. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey HouseOfDerp,

If you open the Xbox Guide, head over to the Settings tab on the far right. Do you see an option for Audio? If so, what options are shown if you select it?

- Mitch
  13. HouseOfDerp

Doesn’t show anything audio related in the tab menu that I see.

Attached Files: