1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Astro Mixamp Pro TR - Mic Issues / Noise after Talking

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Serock-Ffm, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Serock-Ffm

Serock-Ffm ASTRO Private

Hey guys,

like the topic says, i have issues with my mic only in combination with the mixamp on the ps4 and pc. Tried other USB cables and ports and it didnt help.
    The Noise comes everytime after i have talked. Like a Walky Talky noise with echoe like:

"i speak something" k k k k "hey to your left" k k k k

Changed Noisegate to Stream and Night. Still same. Loaded Factory Default. Turned the sensivity of the mike down. No changes. It gets worse :(

Using the Mixamp Pro Tr combined with the HyperX alpha.
    There it no issues with the Headset or Mic. Tested it out with the HyperX USB Soundcard and Directly conected to the controller and the problem goes away.
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Serock-Ffm,

Do you have a sample recording you can upload to YouTube or somewhere else such as SoundCloud so we can have a listen?

- Mitch
  3. Serock-Ffm

Serock-Ffm ASTRO Private

I will try that tomorrow and will respond as fast I can.
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

Thanks, Serock-Ffm.

We'll keep an eye out for it.

- Mitch
  5. Serock-Ffm

Serock-Ffm ASTRO Private

Thank you for trying to help me Vertigo. Uploaded how you said a Soundfile on Soundcloud.
    The Noise got worse and ist there all the time now.

Is this maybe a Firmware thing?

https://soundcloud.com/serock2k6/astro-micro

My Settings:

Mic : Stream and 100% (tried 90% same problem)
    Side Tone : 0
    Noise on all EQ Preset (Original and Custom)
    Volume ~ 65% (Main) when i turn it louder the noise gets louder too.
    Firmware 28361 (newest) (there was no issue on older Firmware)

Greetings.
  6. Serock-Ffm

Serock-Ffm ASTRO Private

What i have found out is, that the side tone is causing that problem or that noise. But on the PS4 even when i turn it completely of it still makes that noise.
  7. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Serock-Ffm,

It does sound like it could be a MixAmp issue if this only happens when the headset is connected to the MixAmp. Have you been in touch with our support team about this? It may also help to show them that voice recording so we can further troubleshoot and arrange for an evaluation to test your products.

- Mitch
  8. Serock-Ffm

Serock-Ffm ASTRO Private

No didn't contact the support yet. Tried 3 different headsets with and without a mic and this sound happens. Even if I unplug the mic from the hyper x alpha this sound goes truth as a mic signal. It's always there now :(. At pc its quiter. At the ps4 it is much much worse. Isn't there any firmware possibilitys to try out which removes the side tone signal?
  9. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Serock-Ffm,

As this happens when you have the sidetone set to 0, it's not a sidetone issue. All the sidetone does is takes your microphone and feeds it back to your headset with the game and voice audio. It has no effect on how the microphone outputs or operates. It sounds like it could be a hardware issue which our support team would need to take a look at.

- Mitch
  10. Serock-Ffm

Serock-Ffm ASTRO Private

OK thank you mitch. I will contact the support and report here.

After shutting everything down for about 3 hours I wanted to play again
    Don't ask me why but played about for 3 hours now and the noise was almost gone.
    Light crackling now only when I am talking. Like on pc now.