1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Astro A50 with Xbox One no audio on power up

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Miked3788, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Miked3788

Miked3788 ASTRO Private

I have the second gen A50 (PS4 edition) installed on my Xbox One and when I power on my Xbox One I get no sound from my A50s until I reboot my console. I believe that my A50s need to be on before the Xbox one is powered on in order for them to work. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix for this?
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Miked3788,

When you can't hear any audio the first time, is the Dolby button on your transmitter lit up or not?

- Mitch
  3. Miked3788

Miked3788 ASTRO Private

Yes it is lit up. I can also hear the sounds from the headset itself, just no game audio. Re-pairing the headset does not change anything
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Miked3788,

When you can't hear any audio, if you disconnect and reconnect the optical cable, does this bring the cable back?

- Mitch
  5. Miked3788

Miked3788 ASTRO Private

Unfortunately no. Only after a reboot with my mix amp powered on will I get audio
  6. Miked3788

Miked3788 ASTRO Private

Am I the only one with this issue?
    Formologic23 likes this.
  7. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Miked3788,

When you can't hear any audio, what happens if you press the Dolby button twice, does the audio return or do you still need to restart the TXD?

- Mitch
  8. Miked3788

Miked3788 ASTRO Private

There is no change. Once I hard reset my xbox one, I will have audio.
  9. Formologic23

Formologic23 ASTRO Private

I have this problem as well. Unplugged TosLink, no luck. Unplugged USB from dock and sound instantly worked. Running latest firmware for both headset and dock. These are a new purchase. Purchased from a major online retailer. Likely to return item because of EXTREMELY poor documentation, troubleshooting, outdated information on website. For $300 retail, I shouldn't have these types of complaints. I'm a tech savvy person, but the poor documentation takes the cake from anything I've seen, including IKEA furniture. This documentation is worse than that. I'll also be leaving a 2 star review as well at the major online retailer from where these were purchased. High cost, poor documentation, issues straight out of the box. I give it the 2 stars because the dock is nice, headset is comfortable, nice features. But trying to troubleshoot from documentation is horrible. Now I've had to sign up for another forum. I would be happy to work with your support team on how to make a support video explaining everything that the large map style/poster size document does not.
  10. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Miked3788,

Instead of restarting the console, does restarting the transmitter make any differences? Just wanted to clarify that you have tried this.

- Mitch
  11. jdmoto

jdmoto ASTRO Private

I'm currently having the same issue, from what I've gathered the following will cause the headset to not stream audio after xbox ON.

1. headset is left ON during charging (overnight) and the charging is complete (means headset is 100%). Xbox ON, recognized headset, but no audio stream.

This is what I've found that makes the headset work.

2. (same scenario as #1 but still charging) headset is left ON during charging and the charging is not complete (means headset is <100%). Xbox ON, recognized headset, audio stream is ok.

3. If the headset is 100% and not charging during xbox ON, flip the on/off switch from the headset. This will reboot the headset/base and cause it to function properly (currently what ive been doing)

4. unplug / replug the micro USB from the base station. (reboots the base station)

Do you know if the base station goes into sleep mode once charging is complete and no audio is streaming?

Is this only happening on a few headsets? If so can I send my headset in for repair because I have a few other issues like the headset not charging properly, I need to fiddle with the headset on the charger to get it charging. (I'm guessing the issue is the pogo pins not contacting the headset charging pad properly)

Any advice would help. Thanks.
  12. MoLarryCurly

MoLarryCurly ASTRO Private

Mike/Form: Just curious, are either of you running "instant on" on the Xbox one? If yes, there is a bug that Astro is aware of and working on. If this is the case and it bothers you, turn "instant on" off until the fix is provided.
  13. MoLarryCurly

Are you using "instant on" on the Xbox One? If yes, that's the issue. The USB isn't refreshing to the point that it recognizes the attached headset and only a hard reboot wakes up the USB. The solution is to turn "instant on" off until a fix is provided. I'm not using instant on and I leave my headset fully charged on the base all day. When I start the Xbox One it immediately recognizes the base/headset.

If this is not the case, make sure you're not using a USB hub and that you are connecting the USB directly into the Xbox One.
  14. Danjk

Danjk ASTRO Private

Ive also had this problem with sound not returning until i unplug usb and out it back in then theres a pop and it works. Wanted to know if it was my xbox or the headset so plugged it into my friends one s and thought it had cured it. Was so happy it was so easily fixable but now under a week later its doing the same thing. Dunno what to do now
  15. MoLarryCurly

Try a different USB to micro USB cable. I've heard of one instance of a new cable being defective.
  16. Danjk

Danjk ASTRO Private

Tried it no go. For anyone interested i have another thread on here going at length into everything ive tried.
  17. MoLarryCurly

Your base gets its power from the USB connected to your Xbox and when it's connected and the Xbox turns on, that connection allows the Xbox to recognize the headset so you can chat. In your case, you aren't getting any sound until after you unplug and replug the USB. Then it works perfectly (game sound and chat) until you turn off the Xbox and turn it back on? But in the mean time your base has lights on so presumably there's power to the base even if there's no sound?

You have swapped out the USB cable and it didn't help. You have connected the USB cable to other USB ports on the Xbox and your smart TV and you still have the same problem? You have even tried plugging the optical cable to the smart TV and you have the same problem. I'm beginning to think it may be a problem with the base itself and this assumes that you are 100% certain that you don't have "instant on" turned on which you have said you don't.
  18. Danjk

Danjk ASTRO Private

Yeah literally tried all of these tried the usb and the optical in the tv both independently with the other still in the xbox and then both in the tv (just to see) with all they absolutely did not work on a restart (of whatever they were plugged into) only and un/replug gets them to five that digital crack sound and then start working. Tried new cable also as a last ditch attempt
  19. Derek Sackmann

Derek Sackmann ASTRO Private

I'm having this same problem. Needing to do a full reboot of the xbox before chat audio works. Can still hear game sounds fine, and other people can hear me in the chat, but I can't hear them. Has this problem been solved and is anyone else still having it?
  20. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Derek Sackmann,

This is because the Xbox One doesn't refresh the USB ports meaning our base station doesn't connect back up to the Xbox One for data and voice chat. This is only a problem when switching on your console from the Instant On mode which is why restarting your console or changing to energy saving allows your base station to show up as a headset again. The reason why people can hear you still is probably because you have a Kinect attached which is acting as a microphone.

A quick workaround is to turn the toggle switch on the base station from Xbox to PC and back to Xbox. The Xbox One will redetect the base station and should notify you on the screen that the headset has been detected and assigned to your profile.

- Mitch