1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASTRO A50 wireless Gen3. No Sound.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by R1ffs, Mar 15, 2019 at 3:20 PM.

1. R1ffs

R1ffs ASTRO Private

hello , let me first apologize for this long thread.
    I have been using the A50’s for over 1 year now, no issues until yesterday. I took them off the base station and according to the lights they have a full charge, I turned them on (as I turn them off when I place on base station) and I heard 3 Distinct Beeps, i was not getting any sound at all, when I turned them off I heard the same 3 Beeps, almost as if the Battery is longer holding a charge, though the base station lights say otherwise. I charged them with the USB cable to Base Station as well , same results.
    Here is a list of things I have done in order to restore them.
    1. I downloaded the latest Firmware.
    2. I did a Hard Reset (several times) Please tell me if I’m doing this right, I hold the Dolby Button and Game button on right side of ear cup for 15-30 seconds, the charging lights go out and when they come back on I immediately place them back on the base to establish a new connection, I then turn them off while on the Base (which is how I always have charged them.
    3. I turned off my wireless router to confirm my router was not creating interference, the A50’s still had no sound, when I played a game offline.
    Is it possible the Base is giving me false information and the battery inside the headphones is just not accepting a charge ? Which would explain the 3 Distinct Loud Beeps, when I turn on and off.
    Every time I unplug/plug the base station USB cable ,my Xbox One X immediately recognizes the headphones, I have also done this with the Optical cable, I checked to make sure the Optical cable was working by unplugging it at the base and making sure I saw a “Red” light.
    Here are my Xbox One X settings
    HDMI-stereo uncompressed, if I put this ‘off’ I lose sound completely from my Xbox.
    Bitstream -out
    Dolby digital
    Thank you for reading all this , if anyone has any ideas or knows what all my Xbox setting are supposed to be , I would greatly appreciate your input.
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey R1ffs,

Everything looks fine.

Under the ASTRO Command Center, what firmware version is displaying on both your headset and your base station? It could be an idea to try reinstalling the firmware.

- Mitch
  3. R1ffs

R1ffs ASTRO Private

Headset firmware 24327.42
    Base station. 24246.42

Xbox One X settings
    Bitstream-out
    Dolby
    Under devices it is assigned to my profile, my only question is on headset battery level it just shows a plug and says ‘plugged in’
    According to the base it has a full charge? Thanks `Mitch for your earlier reply.
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey R1ffs,

Under those audio settings, what is the headset audio been set to and is the using HDMI / optical headset unchecked / disabled?

- Mitch