Astro A50 vs A40TR

Discussion in 'ASTRO Nexus' started by nordikk, Jul 5, 2018.

1. nordikk

nordikk ASTRO Private

Hey :)

I've had an Astro A50 for the last 2 months. Unfortunately, the Headset died yesterday.

Now I'm interested in what are the differences of the A50 and the A40 TR.

The cable doesn't bother me. But do they use the same sound drivers? Is the A40 just an A50 with wires?

If so, I would buy an A40TR instead.

Kind Regards,
    Nordik.
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Nordik,

The main difference is one is wireless and one is wired. They are both built on the same standards so internally you will hear the same audio and get the same basic features such as the EQ presets, mixer, master volume, etc.

The A40 TR Headset and MixAmp Pro TR are primarily designed for tournament use which is why it's a wired headset. Being a wired design, you do get a few more features such as the daisy-chain ports for connecting multiple MixAmps together to create a private voice chat network and a stream output which is excellent for live streaming as it allows a capture card or computer to take all the audio you can hear including voice chat audio. The A40 TR Headset also works as a stereo 3.5mm headset on its own so you can connect it to anything else such as a Nintendo Switch or a PlayStation VR without the MixAmp.

I hope this answers your question. Feel free to drop any more if you can think of any :)

- Mitch