1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Astro A50 Gen3 headset and/or Base Station Corrupted?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Ezzekiel, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Ezzekiel

Ezzekiel ASTRO Private

I was using my A50s just fine for a while, but I started to notice an annoying disconnected/connected problem. Today I went to check if there was an update to the firmware and realized I never downloaded the Command Center. So I download it, install everything fine and the first thing it does it tell me there's an update to my stuff. Great! So I start installing the update and everything goes fine, but right at the end it fails and says the update ran into a problem and failed to update. So I go to try and update, but there's nothing I can do about checking for an update. I also notice my headset is stuck in sync-mode and cannot connect to anything, even though it's turned off, but still trying to sync. I try to uninstall and reinstall, but that does nothing as the Command Center goes back to the spot I was at when I uninstalled. Eventually I try uninstalling everything, restarting my computer and reinstalling everything, but again it goes right back to where I left off. I am now stuck with a headset trying to sync and a program that says everything is up to date but cannot do anything with my headset.
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Ezzekiel,

What firmware version is showing on your headset through the ASTRO Command Center? Also, how are you aware that the headset is trying to sync?

- Mitch
  3. Ezzekiel

Ezzekiel ASTRO Private

I actually just got a reply telling me my headset is stuck in bootloader mode and how to fix it, unfortunately, I think they forgot to attach the file because there is no attachment on my email. Do you think you could send me a download link for manually updating my headset?
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

5. Xtremer91

Xtremer91 ASTRO Private

Hi friend, I had the same problem, what you have to do is wait for the battery to run out of the headset leaving the switch on (no red light), wait about three days and put the headset back in the base, it will return To synchronize, return to the astro program and reinstall the Firmware manually will no longer have problems. I hope to see you, greetings