1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Astro a50 gen 3 wont pair

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by LoBoToMiZeR 94, Jan 26, 2018.

1. LoBoToMiZeR 94

LoBoToMiZeR 94 ASTRO Private

So yesterday 1/25/2018 I purchased a 3rd pair of Astros to hope that it didn't have any problems, so I when I came home I hooked it all up and let it charge, ok no problem the headset docked perfectly all the light showing and it's charging. So It got up to 2 bars with the 3rd one pulsing before I had left to go to work. So when I came home I seen that all the lights on the dock were flashing and the headset was flashing Amber and red. The headset wasn't pairing with the base station at all on Xbox but it did on pc. I have the latest firmware which is 2.4. so I spent like 2 hours trying to get it to pair and no luck. So I left the headset on to die and I was going to return it. This morning now everything is working flawlessly, I don't know what happened but I'm hoping someone can explain, as im worried it can happen again.
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey LoBoToMiZeR,

The power light flashing between red and amber means the headset has entered a bootloader mode. Did you attempt to update the firmware or change any settings on it through the ASTRO Command Center software before docking it for charging?

- Mitch
  3. LoBoToMiZeR 94

Yes I changed the side tone. I downloaded the new update and tried to manually do it but it keeps saying invalid archive everytime. It's working fine right now but I'm kind of worried about it. It synced fine on my PC but Xbox was the problem
  4. LoBoToMiZeR 94

It's up to date as well with firmware starting at 2.4
  5. LoBoToMiZeR 94

Also to mention, when I had my headset plugged in, no message regarding bootloader mode showed up at all. ASTRO command center functioned normally.
  6. LoBoToMiZeR 94

Oh no I'm sorry I read your message wrong. No I did not change anything on the command center until the headset was fully charged and ready to go.
  7. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey LoBoToMiZeR 94,

Does everything seem to be working fine from now though? It's possible you managed to place the headset into the bootloader mode externally and running a hard reset would have placed it back into it's normal mode for usage. If the ASTRO Command Center is working fine and is detecting the correct firmware on your headset, I don't think there is a major problem here to be worried about.

- Mitch