Astro A50 Gen 3: Muffled Mic

Discussion in 'ASTRO Nexus' started by BstJI, Jan 12, 2018.

1. BstJI

BstJI ASTRO Private

I recently purchased the Astro A50 as of January 10, 2018. I read several great reviews about this mic and believed the Astro A50s to be better than my previous mic (Turtle Beach Stealth 500x) seeing that the Astro A50s are significantly more durable and is $70 USD more in retail. I set up the headset and updated the mic to the latest firmware.

I played a few games and the headset sound is just as good as the Turtle Beaches, but surround sound is better. Although, even after adjusting the microphone settings of the headset plenty of times, my friends in the Xbox Live party chat complained that the mic quality is beyond worse in comparison to my Turtle Beach mic, which was extremely clear. Additionally, I have been told that my mic continuously cuts in-and-out when I am talking.

I had the mic for one night and tried returning it to Gamestop the next day and there was no sign of use. They denied my return so I am wondering what I can do to improve the microphone quality on this $300 headset.