1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Astro A50 Gen 2 Won't Turn OFF

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by NinjaBurg3r, Feb 23, 2015.

1. NinjaBurg3r

NinjaBurg3r ASTRO Private

I just started getting this issue recently. When I press the power button to turn my headset off, after a few seconds they turn themselves back on again. I saw there was a new firmware version for the headset, so I went ahead and installed that and still have this issue. No matter what I do, I cannot get them to shut off! Anyone else encounter this issue and have any suggestions? This seems to have started within the last week on mine.
  2. FatTomm

FatTomm ASTRO Private

i have the same problem ive had my astro 50 for about 2 weeks now and i went to use them and they wont turn off at all like the game sound works for them but the chat isnt working at all and like im hoping to let it die and then just charge it up and see what happens but still you spend so much to find more problem then a 100 dollar headset
  3. NinjaBurg3r

Hmmm, my headset has been functioning normally apart from the fact that they insist on turning themselves back on as soon as I power them off. I have attempted a variety of fixes, all to no avail. I let them run out of battery last night and put them on the charger this morning. I'm hoping this will solve the issue, if not I'm going to have to send them in for a warranty repair. I'll report back my findings this evening.
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hi NinjaBurg3r,

Do you have anything connected to the headset such as a USB cable when this happens?

- Mitchell
  5. NinjaBurg3r

No, I always use it wirelessly.
  6. NinjaBurg3r

Whelp, letting the headset discharge fully and then recharging it did nothing to resolve this problem. Looks like I'll be sending in my two month old $300 headset on RMA which I'm sure will take at least a month to get back.
  7. ASTRO Vertigo

Hi NinjaBurg3r,

Sorry to hear that. We'll try and get this issue resolved as quickly as possible so you can get your equipment back soon and get back to gaming.

- Mitchell
  8. jmuelly54

jmuelly54 ASTRO Private

1 month is not quick. I'm still waiting for my headset that I opened out and didn't work correctly out of the box. 1 month has passed and I finally expect to see them tomorrow. 11 month warranty and no 30 day satisfaction guarantee for me it looks. Absolute crap! Even the cheap generic PS4 headset cable works better than these.
  9. Nickwgys1

Nickwgys1 ASTRO Private

Hi I have some a50s gen 2 and they keep randomly stop working they won't turn off and when his happens none of the buttons work or the mic can someone help????
  10. ASTRO Refraxion

ASTRO Refraxion Social Media Team Staff Member

Hi Nickwgys1, make sure that your A50 Headset is not powered by USB and allow the battery to completely drain. Then, fully recharge your headset and resync it with the MixAmp Tx by holding down the power button on both devices until the LEDs flash white.
  11. BlackoutGamer

BlackoutGamer ASTRO Private

Hey I just registered an account just to post a complaint on your a50 headsets, why does this glitch happen? This is the 3rd time within 5months of use when I bought the thing brand new. Granted I use it a lot but it is in excellent condition and it seems to become more problematic over time. As Im sure you are aware if you've actually physically dealt with this issue, for some reason completely draining the battery when the headset is stuck in this 'stand-by mode' takes about 10x as long as draining it through actual use. Maybe more. And thats not an overstatement, the last time this happened my headset was on full charge and I couldn't use it for almost 2 full days. This is an expensive headset, how was this bug not caught in product testing and how do you not have a serious fix other than "Drain the battery then when it dies charge it back up and hope like hell it works and doesnt do it again" you understand how BS that is, right? You pitch a headset thats hundreds of dollars for a product that costs you at most 8$ to make and y'all aint even test it properly? And you cant fix it?! AND IT'S COMMON ENOUGH PPL ARE MAKING FORUMS ABOUT IT ON 3RD PARTY SITES?!?! It's a software issue fix ur shit Astro. Making me regret not getting the sony platinums
  12. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey BlackoutGamer,

Is this with a GEN1 or GEN2 A50 Wireless Headset? It shouldn't happen on our latest A50 Wireless and Base Station?

- Mitch
  13. Josue Benitez

Josue Benitez ASTRO Private

I have recently been dealing with this issue also. My a50 headset just keeps turning on and off after I’m done using it. It has been quite annoying having to listen to the constant beeping as it drains the battery not to mention my disappointment over this expensive headset not working as it should. I have been looking for fixes online but I just can’t seem to be able to find one.
  14. Greig

Greig ASTRO Private

I have had the same problem about 20 times very frustrating especially when you schedule games
  15. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Josue Benitez,

When your headset is switching on and off, is this connected to a charging point such as through your transmitter or just sitting on its own?

- Mitch