1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Astro A40 mic static

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Glad, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Glad

Glad ASTRO Private

So I had these for a long time now, and recently they have developed a loud static whenever I move the mic (Green modkit microphone) up, down, to the sides, anywhere, I used to just think its because of the connection, and then just find a spot where it doesn't make the noise (Sometimes the static stays after moving, and is very ovbious) but now it seems it is a lot harder to find that spot. I have plugged it in to both sides and they both have the same issue, so I was thinking if there is any way to fix it, I don't know if I have a warranty still, and I think it was an issue since day one that has just gotten worse overtime, since I can't find many with this issue
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Glad,

If it happens on both sides then it may be an issue with the 3.5mm connector on the microphone.

Does it go away if you reconnect the standard microphone to your headset and move it around?

- Mitch
  3. Glad

Glad ASTRO Private

I actually lost the standard one, but it used to fix my issue if I unplugged it for a while, I have tried cleaning it out and everything, now at this point whenever I find a spot that it hasn't got static, I wait about 5 seconds and I hear a quiet pop and there is static again, its constantly getting louder and quieter, and then sometimes theres a pop and it sounds like its rubbing against a zip or something, its sorta quiet, I cant really hear it when I play games (because the playback isn't too loud) but for my friends they say its 'ear-rape' meaning really loud, I was wondering if you could possibly send out a replacement, or if there is anywhere I can get them fixed, if not I will have to buy a new modkit and see if it fixes it, if not, I will still continue to use Astro gear, as I love it, but will have to probably buy a new headset until the issue is fixed with the headsets. My mic used to actually start sagging, and it got annoying, but I think that may have been the reason it started, but I had no idea why, probably worn the material down, I am worried it has worn the material inside the headset down itself and will sag with any mic, which will be quite sad since I love this headset and it has been the best headset I've ever bought, sorry if I dragged this on for so long, I never really ask for help and usually search, thanks for reading

-Glad
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Glad,

Our support team would be able to answer any questions regarding repairs and replacements. Have you been in touch with them to see if they have any different answers to your question?

- Mitch
  5. Glad

Glad ASTRO Private

Sorry for the late reply, no I haven't gotten in touch with them yet, I have also begun hearing slight popping in the background while listening to music though
  6. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Glad,

Are you listening to music through the same platform you are gaming on or through another source such as a mobile connected to the AUX input?

- Mitch