1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Astro A40 connection to controller

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Robinson0311, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Robinson0311

Robinson0311 ASTRO Private

I purchased A40s with the mix amp pro for Xbox one yet every time I try to talk nothing is picked up. I connected my A10s to the mix amp pro and still nothing. I googled and googled and figured out that I need an adapter cable to connect to my controller. Why on earth would I have to spend over 200$ on a headset just to have to shell out another 50$ for an adapter because the once that comes with my head set doesn’t connect?
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Robinson0311,

What is the model number of the MixAmp Pro underneath? You shouldn't need any adapters if it was designed for Xbox One.

- Mitch
  3. Robinson0311

4. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Robinson0311,

Do you have a picture of the MixAmp and the box please? And did you purchase this recently as new? It looks like you have an older MixAmp Pro GEN1 or GEN2 which can be used with the Xbox One but you would require a chat cable and shouldn't state Xbox One compatibility on the box.

- Mitch
  5. Robinson0311

I do not have the box anymore. I removed the sticker from the back of the mix amp when I secure it with Velcro tape on my desk so it wouldn’t move around and get broken. I do have an Xbox chat cable but when I plug it into my controller nothing happens.
  6. Robinson0311

Unfortunately any picture I take from my phone the file says it too large to post it. Also yes I purchased it and it was shipped new
  7. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Robinson0311,

I've uploaded some images to Imgur below. Does it look like the first picture, second picture, or third picture?

https://imgur.com/a/GWsV3A4

- Mitch
  8. Robinson0311

Second but the power button is on the top
  9. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Robinson0311,

We should be able to narrow your MixAmp down using these three pictures. From here, we can find out why your MixAmp did not come with Xbox One compatibility.

https://imgur.com/a/mJQxMgH

If you own the first MixAmp, this was released back in late 2012 and was designed for the Xbox 360. We did add compatibility for Xbox One through the use of an AG1 Chat Cable, but this has since been discontinued in 2018. We try and keep our accessories stocked and manufactured for as long as possible.

If you own the second MixAmp, this was released in 2015 and is our MixAmp Pro TR for PS4 and PC. It will work with the Xbox One for game audio but does not contain the compatibility chip to allow the Xbox One to see it as a USB headset.

If you own the third MixAmp, this was released in 2015 and is our MixAmp Pro TR for Xbox One and PC. This handles voice chat through the USB connection and should not require any further cables or adapters. If you own this version of the MixAmp, there is a setup problem occurring why your Xbox One does not see it as a chat headset, and we can figure this out with you.

- Mitch
  10. Robinson0311

I figured out the issue. The company I bought my headset with the mixamp through sent me one for the Xbox 360. Thank you very much for your help.