1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Astro a 50 xbox and streaming

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Mark Mora, Dec 5, 2018 at 8:45 PM.

1. Mark Mora

Mark Mora ASTRO Private

I am thinking about buying an astro a 50 headset for the xbox one and was wondering if the headset would work with the party chat output set to headset and speakers? I have to have that setting in order to stream to twitch and have my party be heard. I use the elgato hd60 to stream from also. if that setting doesnt work is there a known work around?
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Mark Mora,

It will work although the mixer will not as voice chat would be outputting to both the game and voice side at the same time.

The A40 TR Headset and MixAmp Pro TR would be a better choice as it has a 3.5mm output which can output any audio you can hear including your microphone to a computer or directly to a capture card. The stream output can also be customised should you not want it to include your microphone etc.

- Mitch
  3. Mark Mora

Mark Mora ASTRO Private

so the headset will work with my party output set to headset and speakers? instead of just headset?
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Mark Mora,

It would, but as above, you would run into issues such as the mixer not working.

- Mitch