Discussion A50 Mod Kit EQ? Need help please!

Discussion in 'MixAmp Pro TR Custom EQ Presets' started by Tenlow, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Tenlow

Tenlow ASTRO Private

So I just ordered my first A50s (GEN3 PS4 Version) and I am quite happy with them actually. The sound with the stock ear pads and the Astro setting is quite enjoyable for normal gaming. The soundstage feels big, roomy and crystal clear.

That said, I also bought the mod kit because I think it looks much better and I usually like my headphones to be out of leather. However, I really don't like the sound of the mod kit on these A50s. It really doesn't sound roomy and crystal clear anymore. More like a bassy mess with no real soundstage whatsoever. I was quite shocked about the difference to be honest. I tried several EQ settings and even a couple of the presets on here but so far without real success. It simply doesn't sound anywhere close to the sound I get with the stock ear pads.

How about you guys? Do you use the stock cups or the mod kit? And if you use the mod kit what preset do you use for your gaming? I usually play games like Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted, Fifa and no real FPS (well I played Fallout 4). Do you have a setting or preset that does even sound remotely like the stock cups with the Astro setting? And how come the mod kit does sound THAT different?

I would really be glad about answers on this issue.

Thanks a lot in advance and greetings from Germany :)
  2. Grovesy1988

Grovesy1988 ASTRO Private

I use the official Astro Mod Kit preset. It's the mod kit version of the default Astro preset. I've been using it for around 12 months now and find it absolutely spot on. I play BF1, Destiny 2 and CoD WW2.
  3. zax

zax ASTRO Private

i put holes in the rubber of modkit speaker tags, take a need and put small holes in the rubber, like 18 of them, you still have less noise and more like stock speaker tags. i use leather earcups with cut speaker tags(because they are red and look cooler) .
  4. Andy720

Andy720 ASTRO Private

http://forums.astrogaming.com/index.php?threads/bass-in-your-face-eq.350031/ Best eq for gaming and music