1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A50 Gen3 PC Surround not up to par w/ console (?) (settings?)

Discussion in 'ASTRO Nexus' started by andDrewskY, Oct 24, 2018.

1. andDrewskY

andDrewskY ASTRO Private

I've owned the Astro Gen3 since day 1. They're amazing. Comfort best feature, great sound is second, but that's because comfort is near flawless.

I'm not suggesting that I am, "Right" in the issue I perceive to be happening, as I have no technical evidence outside of, "Earlobing it"... if you will.

I'm tech / windows savy so it's not a foreign subject, however I'm not yet THAT deep to understand the code, and connection between certain apps, amp, and drivers.

I have MSI Pro Carbon z370 motherboard. It has, "Nahimic Audio Drivers" (*Another word for barely better than crap) that are suggested via MSI. It also has Realtek drivers. The Realtek appears to be disabled, and perhaps that's for the external speakers I have.

However, if you are catching on to what I'm saying here is I'm thinking (*POSSIBLY) that the audio file is being processed prior to getting to the A50 base AMP, and then maybe is being processed again?

I know this question has been asked before, and the magic answer is update firmware, plug in via usb, succeed. If how it is now then it's still good, however for whatever reason in my mind I believe that when hooked up to PS4, or Xbox, the sound was more true, if you will.

I played God of War for 20 minutes (*That framerate... so bad) and the sound was AMAZING. Rarely do I think that on PC anymore... and I almost always did regardless of game I played on console. Maybe that's cause cpu in mix amp is more powerful than the 1 in ps4, or xbox (?), and ultimately the sound was the best thing in the experience, maybe I'm onto something, or maybe I'm simply not correct, and sound is same for Destiny2 on PC via A50s vs PS4....

Anyone else ever have this experience, and feel like they found a solution?
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey andDrewskY,

How are you connecting the A50 Base Station to your computer?

- Mitch