1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A50 Gen 3 setting up to take calls on mobile phone while gaming?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Poop Cat, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Poop Cat

Poop Cat ASTRO Private

I read in the sales advert that the A50 Gen 3 can take calls with a mobile phone while gaming.

The manual makes no mention at all at how to go about setting this up, but I'm thinking I need to connect the A50 Gen 3 base station AUX port to my mobile phone, but am unsure of exactly what type of 3.mm to 3.5mm jack plug cable to use. Does it require the cable to have a jack plug with 4 poles or 3 poles at each end?
    Are there any settings that I need to know about about, so calls can be heard clearly?
  2. xxGrimmjow

xxGrimmjow ASTRO Private

4 pole 3.5 mm
  3. Poop Cat

Poop Cat ASTRO Private

Thank you for your help.
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Poop Cat,

Which smartphone will be you be using?

You will need a 4 pole / TRRS 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable to make the connection but your smartphone will need to support CTIA headsets or else you may hear a buzzing. If your smartphone uses the OMTP standard then you can purchase an adapter to swap it.

- Mitch
  5. Poop Cat

Poop Cat ASTRO Private

Thanks for the help. I'll be using a Sony Xperia Z phone, I did a quick check on their website at it's specs and it does appear to have a CTIA capable audio jack, so all good.
    I'll search for a suitable good quality cable now with the correct TRRS 3.5mm 4 pole connectors and I should be ok. Thanks
  6. ASTRO Vertigo

Glad to hear it, Poop Cat.

Please let us know if you haver any other questions we can answer.

- Mitch
  7. Jesse wade

Jesse wade ASTRO Private

Okay so I got a question I'm using a bluetooth receiver in my mix amp to wirelessly stream music from phone to headphones. Both ends that plug in to the mixamp are just 3 pole 3.5 mm if I change it to a 4 pole on both ends could I take calls through my headset and have it wireless?
  8. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Jesse wade,

Only if the Bluetooth receiver supported this. Changes are, the Bluetooth receiver just outputs audio and wouldn't be able to receive or transmit anything back to your smartphone.

- Mitch