1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A40 TR w/mixamp pro for xbox one

Discussion in 'ASTRO Nexus' started by cruelmrchicken, Nov 25, 2018.

1. cruelmrchicken

cruelmrchicken ASTRO Private

Hello,

A few days ago I purchased some a40s on amazon to take advantage of the Black Friday special.
    I am really disappointed in these headsets right out of the box. After I set everything up (updated to current firmware) right away I get this loud annoying static/popping. To make things worse, the mic is not working. Either my voice is in and out or nothing is picked up at all. Ive been testing this for about 2 hours now on xbox via message recording. I looked around on youtube/google and so far nothing has been able to help or is relevant to 2018. I am really frustrated and it really looks like I'll be returning these headsets.

Yes everything is snuggly connected, and I've disconnected and reconnected everything. Xbox audio settings are correct.

A few years ago I purchased some a50s (gen2) and had some mic issues as well. I don't know why I thought it would be different this time around but I really hope to get this resolved.

Thank you,
  2. cruelmrchicken

cruelmrchicken ASTRO Private

Update:

I've started a case with Astro and after all their suggestions did not work, they ended up sending me a new mic and inline cable.

Unfortunately this did not solve the issue that I am having. Incredibly frustrated but grateful for the support Astro has offered.
    At this point it's looking like I will have to return my Astro a40s.

Update #2:

After letting letting Astro know that the provided mic and inline cable did nothing to solve my issue they asked me to mail in my headset. It looks like I'll be getting a replacement so hopefully that will work out.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018