A40 TR Mix Amp Game/Voice knob acting weird on PC

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Cadetwolf, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Cadetwolf

Cadetwolf ASTRO Private

My A40 TR with Mix Amp Pro Game/Voice knob isn't working properly. Turning to the voice side does nothing to game or voice volume, and turning to the game side lowers the game volume. I don't know what settings are messed up to fix it.
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey, Cadetwolf,

Usually, this is a result of an incorrect setup.

Under Windows, make sure the ASTRO Game is set as the default playback device and the ASTRO Voice is set as the default communications device. Then, make sure the ASTRO Voice is set as the default recording device. You will want to restart your computer to make sure your programs and games pick up these new defaults.

If you have installed any programs such as Discord, you will need to make sure it's outputting to the correct playback device. Heading to the settings menu, you should find a section to adjust the input and output device you're using. Make sure these are both set the ASTRO Voice. The same relates to any programs such as Steam, Origin, and Battle.net.

If you are using voice chat through any games, you will need to look for a section which allows you to change the input and output device. If your game does not offer it, then it should either use the default communications devices which we set in the first step or use the devices set through the game launcher such as Steam, Origin, or Battle.net. Etc.

If your games or programs do not offer anything to set the output device, it will naturally default to the ASTRO Game which means you will need to use the game or program to manually adjust the loudness of the voice chat.

I hope this helps you out. If you are still having trouble or require any other assistance, please let us know.

- Mitch
  3. Cadetwolf

Cadetwolf ASTRO Private

Unfortunately, it hasn't.
    In the sound setting under the Playback tab, there is Headset Earphone (Astro Pro Voice) set as Default Comm. Device and Headphones (Astro Pro Game) set as Default Device.
    Under the Recording tab there is Headset Microphone (Astro Pro Voice) set as Default Device and Line (Astro Pro Game) set as Ready.
    According to your reply, this is how it should be set, but now the Game side of the fader doesn't nothing to Game or Voice volume and the Voice side lowers both volumes.
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Cadetwolf,

Okay.

Something isn't taking to the voice devices then.

Where are you receiving the voice chat from?

- Mitch
  5. Cadetwolf

Cadetwolf ASTRO Private

What does that mean exactly? The sound settings are as above.
  6. Cadetwolf

Cadetwolf ASTRO Private

Bump
  7. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Cadetwolf,

What are you using to voice chat? It is your game, a program such as Discord?

- Mitch
  8. John Frye

John Frye ASTRO Private

I am having a similar issue, my a40 Tr's used to work properly on my old pc. I bought a new pc and now my mixamp will not adjust game volume and voice volume separately are there any suggestions ive tried everything I could think of.

Thanks
  9. Cadetwolf

Cadetwolf ASTRO Private

I am using in game chat. Mostly, PUBG but same issue in other games.
  10. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey John Frye,

Could you open your own thread, please? We will be able to troubleshoot you separately.

- Mitch
  11. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey Cadetwolf,

Game chat can be tricky as most will output the chat audio with the game audio unless there is an option within the menu to separate it. A few games like Overwatch and Battlefield have this feature where it will send the chat audio to the default communication devices in Windows. If the game you're playing does not support this, you will need to use the volume sliders within the game to balance the audio. We would also recommend suggesting this to the developer to be added to the game.

- Mitch