1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A40 distortion when sidetone enabled

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by shion, Feb 10, 2019.

1. shion

shion ASTRO Private

I have a Tournament Edition A40, with Mix Amp TR PRO and the microphone works, only when the sidetone is disabled completely. That said, the headset has a distortion, like interference when is connected outside the Mix Amp, because only the mix amp has the ability to control de sidetone, so if I want to use it has a headset for taking calls on Skype, this is how it sounds like to others.

WARNING: don't use headphones to listen to this, may injure your ear

https://soundcloud.com/dolanshion/warning-dont-play-this-with-headphones-is-just-an-example/s-rTtW4

Another one

https://soundcloud.com/dolanshion/another-test-astro-a40/s-Pm5vJ

I already tested with multiple cables, with no avail. I want to know if anyone else has this problem or if it the headset that is defective.

Thanks.
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey shion,

When you tested multiple cables, was this also switching the cable between the A40 TR Headset and the MixAmp Pro TR?

- Mitch
  3. shion

shion ASTRO Private

Yes, I have two mute cables, one that comes with the headset, and another one a bought separately that is the old mute cables from the previous A40, that the mute is a button instead of the switch. And yes, both cables have the same results.
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

Thanks for the clarification on this, shion.

Have you been in touch with our support team yet as we may need to replace either the MixAmp, the headset, or the microphone to correct this problem.

- Mitch
  5. shion

shion ASTRO Private

No, not yet, I wanted to see if I could find a solution on here first, but yeah I might try that.

I'm pretty sure is the headset, because I've connected a couple headphones to the MixAmp and it works fine, and also when this starts if I unplug the microphone, it keeps happening, weird thing.
  6. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey shion,

If you let our support team know this and also include any detail such as those recordings, it will help us narrow troubleshooting down for you.

- Mitch
  7. shion

shion ASTRO Private

Thanks, really appreciate your help.
  8. ASTRO Vertigo

You're welcome, shion.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

- Mitch