1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A40 crackling and popping constantly

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Josh Lilly, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Josh Lilly

Josh Lilly ASTRO Private

So I've had the A40's for about 6 months, worked great but recently the audio has started cracking and popping to the point where it's hard to hear game and chat audio. If I turn off my xbox one x and restart it, that helps for about 5 minutes then it gradually goes back to fubar. I take great care of these as they are expensive, and even made a special hook to hang them on to not damage the padding. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. cruelmrchicken

cruelmrchicken ASTRO Private

Have you figured this problem out? I'm having the same issue but so far now luck..
  3. Josh Lilly

Josh Lilly ASTRO Private

No I am in a Astro email tug of war right now, they had me go through a bunch of different tests, all failed. I seriously hope they just trade me out with a new pair cuz they were expensive. If I find a fix I'll reply here.
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Josh Lilly,

Apologies for missing this thread.

Have you heard any updates from our support team and could you drop the support case number on this thread so I can have a look, please?

Thanks,
    - Mitch
  5. cruelmrchicken

After doing all those different test I also was unable to get my issue solved. They sent me a new mic and inline cable but unfortunately it didn't solve my issue. It's looking dark man, best of luck to you.
  6. ASTRO Vertigo

Hey cruelmrchicken,

Have you been back in touch with our support team for further troubleshooting?

- Mitch
  7. cruelmrchicken

Yes I have! I will be sending my current headset in for testing and a possible replacement.
  8. ASTRO Vertigo

Thanks for the update, cruelmrchicken.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with over the forums.

- Mitch