1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A20 mic issue

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Tray89, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Tray89

Tray89 ASTRO Private

Mic does not register. I can hear myself but that's all... in the Xbox accessories menu, headset's battery level always says plugged in, even when it's not. How do I get my mic to work so I can hear the game and chat with friends? I have tried every setting, disconnecting everything, even reset the Xbox. I bought a refurbished xbox one, the orginal, for $90
  2. Tray89

Tray89 ASTRO Private

Headset does assign to my xbox live account when you unplug the unit or switch from pc back to xbox
  3. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Tray89,

Have you tried the microphone on both party chat and game chat?

- Mitch
  4. Tray89

Tray89 ASTRO Private

yes. there is an icon that shows a mic with a circle that has a line through it. cant hear anything... thinking about returning and this would be my fourth time in a week going back to the store...
  5. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Tray89,

If you switch the transmitter to PC mode and then switch it back to Xbox mode, do you see a message on screen saying that a headset has been assigned to your profile? And does this icon now change or stay the same?

- Mitch
  6. Jaffacake5225

Jaffacake5225 ASTRO Private

I had the same problem. Unplug the usb cable from the x box( make sure headset and x box are on) then wait 2 mins. Plug the usb back in and all should be good. Hope this helps.