A-40 TR X Edition on Xbox One?Is the current Astro A40 TR X up for pre-order not optimized for Xbox

Discussion in 'ASTRO Nexus' started by Son_Of_Man, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Son_Of_Man

Son_Of_Man ASTRO Private

I have recently become the proud owner of a Xbox One X Console. 4K gaming is a big upgrade visually and I am now looking to do the same for my audio. As I was researching the Internet for the perfect headset for me, I came across a common problem. Most "best" gaming headsets seem to either be exclusive or optimized for the PC. I am looking for a headset that can utilize its full audio potential on the Xbox One and I quickly found Astro headsets to be a contender. More specifically the A40 TR and A50 seemed to be what I needed as they made specific versions for the Xbox One console, the A50 being one of the only true wireless headsets on the Xbox One.I then found out that Astro is coming out with the new Astro A40 TR X Tenth Anniversary Edition. Getting that along with the MIXAMP Pro TR seemed to be the perfect resolution to my little problem. However this answer created a query, is the Astro A40 TR one of these PC headsets that "can" be used on the Xbox One but perform at a lower level because of impedance and a variety of factors? The thing I am afraid of is purchasing this headset and finding out that it under performs on the Xbox One even with the adapter and/or a Xbox One specific version like the last being released in the future and me feeling like I was slapped on the face. So the questions I have are: Is the current Astro A40 TR X up for pre-order not optimized for Xbox One gaming? Is a Xbox specific version coming out soon for either the A40 TR or the A50?Because if it is so then I am in a position in which I am able to wait for those to be released and buy them then. Thank you for your future help and have a good one. astro-10-year-1024x538.jpg
  2. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Son_Of_Man,

We've never had specific "console" headsets before. Audio is audio and is produced the same whether you are gaming on a console or whether you are gaming on a PC. All we can do is bundle specific items to make it better compatible with the Xbox One or PS4 to gain surround sound for example.

If we start with our A50 Wireless Headset and Base Station, we have a version for the Xbox One and a version for the PS4 with both being fully compatible with the PC. The reasoning behind two versions is because the USB voice chat is handled differently on the Xbox One and PS4 which requires us to have two separate versions of the A50 Base Station. The A50 Wireless Headset is the same model regardless of color, and you can purchase the A50 Base Station separately to make your A50 Wireless Headset work across both the Xbox One and PS4.

The A40 TR Headset and MixAmp Pro TR is a bundle of the A40 TR Headset standalone and the MixAmp Pro TR standalone.

The MixAmp Pro TR is our DAC which takes a digital signal either from your console or your computer and provides a headphone surround signal for a connected headset such as our A40 TR Headset. It also provides you with other functionalities such as being able to control the mixer and balance between game and voice audio easier along with customizing EQ presets. Our MixAmp Pro TR is console specific similar to the A50 Base Station, so we have one that works with the Xbox One, one that works with the PS4, with both being compatible with the PC.

Our A40 TR Headset is a two-channel analogue headset. It can be connected to a PC sound card like most PC headsets, an Xbox One Controller with a 3.5mm port or a PS4 controller with a 3.5mm port. In this mode, you will mostly be limited to stereo audio, and all adjustments will need to be made through the console or PC menus.

With the A40 TR Headset X-Edition, this is to celebrate 10 years of ASTRO Gaming and 10 years of having the best tournament designed headset. It's a different colour variant with only 500 models available. Rather than bundle these with a MixAmp, we decided only to sell them standalone to give everyone the chance to own one and then bundle it with an existing MixAmp or purchase one separately.

I hope this makes more sense and answers some of your questions. If you still have any further questions or are still confused about any of our products, please let us know :)

- Mitch
  3. Son_Of_Man

Son_Of_Man ASTRO Private

Thank you for the prompt reply. That did indeed answer some of my questions and gave me a better overall understanding of the situation. Just so we are clear I could purchase the A-40 TR X-Edition(If still available) individually and then separately purchase a Xbox specific DAC and they would function just the same as the Xbox/PC A-40 TR bundle? Thanks btw, take care and have yourself a good one.
  4. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Son_Of_Man,

Of course.

If you purchase an A40 TR Headset X Edition and then a MixAmp Pro TR for Xbox One, you would have everything you need as if you purchased them together in a bundle.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

- Mitch