2 week old Astro A50s - Microphone quit working

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Josh270, May 16, 2018.

1. Josh270

Josh270 ASTRO Private

I have a weird issue that just surfaced Monday night, 5.14.18. I can no longer use my mic on my astro A50s, (PC/PS4 edition). The mic performed flawlessly for 2 weeks and then just suddenly quit working. At first I thought it was a PUBG issue but then after doing extensive troubleshooting it appears to be the A50's.

The weird thing - I can actually hear my self talking when i go into Sounds>recording>listen> check playback. The mic will not work in discord, teamspeak, pubg etc.(I assume it wont work anywhere else). I have checked all of my sound devices to ensure they are enabled or disabled accordingly. I have ensured that the base station has the correct firmware and its sync'd with the headset. Ive gone as far as uninstalling an reinstalling drivers, uninstalling an reinstalling the sound studio thingy.

Can anyone help me out before i send these expensive headphone back for a refund?

Thanks...
  2. pixel2010

pixel2010 ASTRO Private

I think this is a windows update issue. I also have the same issue after installing the April 2018 update of windows 10. Tonight when I go home I am going to try the following

Navigate to Settings >Privacy > make sure that the option ‘Allow apps to use my microphone’ is enabled.
  3. Josh270

Josh270 ASTRO Private

Good idea, that was my initial thought after seeing that the issue seemed to be around the same time as an update the other night.
  4. Josh270

Josh270 ASTRO Private

5. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Hey Josh270,

Thanks for the update. It does appear to be a bug in Windows which we're hoping will be fixed in a later update as it shows as active even though it has been disabled.

- Mitch
  6. Josh270

Josh270 ASTRO Private

Follow up: I absolve Astro of any responsiblity for the mic issue. It was definitely a windows update issue. The latest windows update disables all microphone settings under privacy. I had to re enable the radio button and now everything is back to normal.
  7. ASTRO Vertigo

ASTRO Vertigo Social Media Team Staff Member

Thanks again, Josh270.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

- Mitch