PDA

View Full Version : Hauppauge New HD PVR 2/Astro A50/Record Game/ Voice.

MrSmokey2424
09-15-2012, 09:53 PM
Hello I Have The New Hd pvr 2 it has no Component or Optical. Im Wondering if the A50's Can Some How Work With The PVR. Can you record your voice on the pc while chating on Xbox Live? I wanna Capture Gameplay and record my voice with everybodys Voice. And Sometimes Live Stream . Im Thinking that on the Xbox i Plug the HDMI to my Monitor then the Xbox Optical to the Astro A50 Transmitter then Some How Connect the Astro to the PC and Record My Voice and and still use Astro to hear the game and chat and hear everybody.

ASTRO Vertigo
09-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Hi MrSmokey2424.

HDMI from your Xbox 360 goes into the HDPVR2, Optical goes from your Xbox 360 to your A50 Transmitter.

USB Cable from your A50 Transmitter to your computer to record your live commentary, Xbox LIVE Chat Cable goes from your A50 Headset to your Xbox LIVE Controller.

I'm not 100% of the answer, but some people have been able to record on their voice on their computer while chatting over Xbox LIVE. Although when some people connected the Xbox LIVE Chat Cable, it disabled the USB recording. I will drop an email off when I have chance to find out if it's officially supported to output to the USB and Xbox LIVE Chat Cable at the same time.

- Mitchell

SocksWthSandals
09-15-2012, 10:00 PM
For an Xbox elite you can use the Xbox 360 dongle for optical audio. For the slim you can just use the optical port. It's not possible to record XBL party chat yet. Although a company is workin on a product for that

When does this hdpvr come out? I really like how it has the ability to game in 1080p unlike the hdpvr1 you can only play up to 1080i

Edit-ninjad

ASTRO Vertigo
09-15-2012, 10:03 PM
For an Xbox elite you can use the Xbox 360 dongle for optical audio. For the slim you can just use the optical port. It's not possible to record XBL party chat yet. Although a company is workin on a product for that

When does this hdpvr come out? I really like how it has the ability to game in 1080p unlike the hdpvr1 you can only play up to 1080i

Amazon.com is selling them now
- http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B008ZT8QKO/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Although I still think the Elgato is a better purchase due to being officially supported for gaming and now 1080p. Plus the rewind feature is pretty nice so you don't have to record all the time.

- Mitchell

MrSmokey2424
09-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Hi MrSmokey2424.

HDMI from your Xbox 360 goes into the HDPVR2, Optical goes from your Xbox 360 to your A50 Transmitter.

USB Cable from your A50 Transmitter to your computer to record your live commentary, Xbox LIVE Chat Cable goes from your A50 Headset to your Xbox LIVE Controller.

I'm not 100% of the answer, but some people have been able to record on their voice on their computer while chatting over Xbox LIVE. Although when some people connected the Xbox LIVE Chat Cable, it disabled the USB recording. I will drop an email off when I have chance to find out if it's officially supported to output to the USB and Xbox LIVE Chat Cable at the same time.

- Mitchell
Thanks Mitchell

MrSmokey2424
09-15-2012, 10:05 PM

Edit-ninjad
Its already out its wayy cool full 1080 HD with Xbox and HDMI

MrSmokey2424
09-15-2012, 10:07 PM
- http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B008ZT8QKO/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Although I still think the Elgato is a better purchase due to being officially supported for gaming and now 1080p. Plus the rewind feature is pretty nice so you don't have to record all the time.

- Mitchell
Naw HD PVR 2 It has No delay pass through While Your Recording And HDMI and Full 1080P

MrSmokey2424
09-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Check it Out http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr2-gaming.html

http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-Edition-Definition-Capture-Passthrough/dp/B008ZT8QKO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347772137&sr=8-1&keywords=hd+pvr++++++2

ASTRO Vertigo
09-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Naw HD PVR 2 It has No delay pass through While Your Recording And HDMI and Full 1080P

So does the Elgato Game Capture HD. The only thing to me that makes the Elgato a better purchase is the flashback recording so you don't always have to record (not to waste space on your HDD), it's like a PVR so if you did something good while gaming, you can just hit save and it's done.

Obviously still has the ability to do a full main recording like any other capture card.

Overall there both goods capture cards in the end.

- Mitchell

SocksWthSandals
09-15-2012, 10:12 PM

- Mitchell

Elgatos only flaw is its USB powered. Sometimes I don't want to have my computer on. The hdpvr is always on via power plug

MrSmokey2424
09-15-2012, 10:13 PM
So does the Elgato Game Capture HD. The only thing to me that makes the Elgato a better purchase is the flashback recording so you don't always have to record (not to waste space on your HDD), it's like a PVR so if you did something good while gaming, you can just hit save and it's done.

Obviously still has the ability to do a full main recording like any other capture card.

- Mitchell
I Will Say thats a Good Feature But HD PVR 2 Has No Delay Pass Through while your recording and FULL 1080P

ASTRO Vertigo
09-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Elgatos only flaw is its USB powered. Sometimes I don't want to have my computer on. The hdpvr is always on via power plug

Yeah, that is a little bit of a flaw although you could just hook it up to your Xbox 360 USB Port when you want to game without computer being switched on.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Vertigo
09-15-2012, 10:16 PM
I Will Say thats a Good Feature But HD PVR 2 Has No Delay Pass Through while your recording and FULL 1080P

That's what I just said "so does the Elgato" :p.

The Elgato Game Capture HD
- HDMI passthrough with no delay and the ability to passthrough 1080p 60fps while recording 1080p 30fps.

Overall, there both good capture cards in the end.

- Mitchell

MrSmokey2424
09-15-2012, 10:19 PM
That's what I just said "so does the Elgato" :p.

The Elgato Game Capture HD
- HDMI passthrough with no delay and the ability to passthrough 1080p 60fps while recording 1080p 30fps.

Overall, there both good capture cards in the end.

- Mitchell
I Agree There Both Very Good :) Now Lets just Hope that the Astro A50 Will Work With Them Both:)

ASTRO Vertigo
09-15-2012, 10:25 PM
I Agree There Both Very Good :) Now Lets just Hope that the Astro A50 Will Work With Them Both:)

The A50 Wireless System shouldn't have a problem with either capture card as the Xbox 360 supports the ability to output to the HDMI Cable and Optical Cable at the same time.

I have sent an email off to some of our staff to see if I can find out about outputting the USB Cable and Xbox LIVE Chat Cable at the same time. I probably won't get an answer back till Monday although I will post back in this thread once I do.

- Mitchell

MrSmokey2424
09-15-2012, 10:28 PM
The A50 Wireless System shouldn't have a problem with either capture card as the Xbox 360 supports the ability to output to the HDMI Cable and Optical Cable at the same time. I have sent an email off to some of our staff to see if I can find out about outputting the USB Cable and Xbox LIVE Chat Cable at the same time. I probably won't get an answer back till Monday although I will post back in this thread once I do.

- Mitchell
Thank You Mitchell Your So Awesome and i Have a Question How can you get Sponsored By Astro? Just a Quick Thought.

ASTRO Vertigo
09-15-2012, 10:34 PM
Thank You Mitchell Your So Awesome and i Have a Question How can you get Sponsored By Astro? Just a Quick Thought.

If ASTRO wants to sponsor you, they'll be in touch. Although I would advice growing in the community and getting other companies to sponsor first as ASTRO has only started sponsoring and even then, they are very big names in the pro tournaments.

- Mitchell

SocksWthSandals
09-15-2012, 10:34 PM
about to pull the trigger on the hdpvr2. but cant decide if its worth it to game in 1080p instead of only 720p

MrSmokey2424
09-15-2012, 10:37 PM
about to pull the trigger on the hdpvr2. but cant decide if its worth it to game in 1080p instead of only 720p
I Say its Worth it

MrSmokey2424
If ASTRO wants to sponsor you, they'll be in touch. Although I would advice growing in the community and getting other companies to sponsor first as ASTRO has only started sponsoring and even then, they are very big names in the pro tournaments.

- Mitchell
Thanks Mitchell

ASTRO Vertigo

Well, games are normally outputted in 720p or less and then upscaled to 1080p by the console so I'm not sure either, but the HDMI would make a difference over component at the least.

- Mitchell

MrSmokey2424
09-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Well, games are normally outputted in 720p or less and then upscaled to 1080p by the console so I'm not sure either, but the HDMI would make a difference over component at the least.

- Mitchell

And Now Mostly everyone wants/Is Getting A Gaming Monitor and its Only HDMI.

SocksWthSandals
09-15-2012, 11:07 PM
guess ill give it a try

MrSmokey2424
09-15-2012, 11:16 PM
guess ill give it a try
Good Choice :) Here Ill link some awesome Videos For You http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aROUr61y61A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHAfTSZ0L3U&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLzSCQOCWWDK9yVIrVMYUNDA

digiTaL wiZ
09-16-2012, 12:23 AM
guess ill give it a try

If you do decide to go with the PVR 2, when you are setting it up, hit the Capture Tab, go into Format Settings, then go to the Video Encoder section to change both the bitrate and peak bitrate to the absolute max of 14MB. Just letting you know now because if you try it straight out of the box, without changing the settings, it might flicker and it'll probably make you upset. I learned from experimenting. Also, if you have the old PVR, you'll need to uninstall the old applications (AcrSoft and TotalMedia Extreme 2) and install the new software. Other than that, it won't work. Just some "pro tips". It's pretty sweet though. It's smaller than the older version too.
One more thing you need to know it that the XBOX works in 1080P, the PS3 only works in 1080i. Also, it doesn't work for Netflix or Zune right now, however, the company is working on some updates "in the near future", like the A50's, lol.:)

MrSmokey2424
09-16-2012, 12:28 AM
If you do decide to go with the PVR 2, when you are setting it up, hit the Capture Tab, go into Format Settings, then go to the Video Encoder section to change both the bitrate and peak bitrate to the absolute max of 14MB. Just letting you know now because if you try it straight out of the box, without changing the settings, it might flicker and it'll probably make you upset. I learned from experimenting. Also, if you have the old PVR, you'll need to uninstall the old applications (AcrSoft and TotalMedia Extreme 2) and install the new software. Other than that, it won't work. Just some "pro tips". It's pretty sweet though. It's smaller than the older version too.
One more thing you need to know it that the XBOX works in 1080P, the PS3 only works in 1080i. Also, it doesn't work for Netflix or Zune right now, however, the company is working on some updates "in the near future", like the A50's, lol.:)
Great Advice Man Thanks:)

ASTRO Vertigo
09-16-2012, 12:35 AM

Zune and Netflix don't work due to the High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection. There is nothing anyone will be able to do about that as Capture Cards will never gain a license to support HDCP. That's why the HDPVR2 and Elgato have a special modified component port as the PS3 is fully dependent on HDCP over HDMI.

- Mitchell

Cambrian128
09-16-2012, 09:38 AM
I would recommend the Elgato capture card if you're into recording gameplays. It's cheaper, has far fewer wires, and is the size of an iPhone.

MrSmokey2424
09-16-2012, 10:24 AM
I would recommend the Elgato capture card if you're into recording gameplays. It's cheaper, has far fewer wires, and is the size of an iPhone.
Uhh no your wrong Elgato is $199.95 and HDPVR2 Is $169.99 In US Dollars :)

SocksWthSandals
09-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Uhh no your wrong Elgato is $199.95 and HDPVR2 Is $169.99 In US Dollars :)
also pretty sure it has 1 less wire, not sure where far fewer comes into play

pvr - 2 hdmi, usb, power cable

gato - 2 hdmi, usb

correct me if im wrong on that one

MrSmokey2424
09-16-2012, 11:00 AM
also pretty sure it has 1 less wire, not sure where far fewer comes into play

pvr - 2 hdmi, usb, power cable

gato - 2 hdmi, usb

correct me if im wrong on that one
No Your Right :)

ASTRO Vertigo
09-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Hi again,

My email has been responded to. I've been told that the A50 Wireless System isn't officially supported for both Xbox LIVE Chat and USB Chat at the same time, although when we launch our EQ customizer later this year, we are looking into adding an optional "switch" which would enable that feature although no guarantees at this time.

For Xbox LIVE Chat and USB Chat, you would probably be best going with the A40 Audio System which is officially supported.

- Mitchell

MrSmokey2424
09-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi again,

My email has been responded to. I've been told that the A50 Wireless System isn't officially supported for both Xbox LIVE Chat and USB Chat at the same time, although when we launch our EQ customizer later this year, we are looking into adding an optional "switch" which would enable that feature although no guarantees at this time.

For Xbox LIVE Chat and USB Chat, you would probably be best going with the A40 Audio System which is officially supported.

- Mitchell
Thank You:)

MrSmokey2424
09-16-2012, 09:55 PM
I just found out that Elgato might have a update were you can record your voice and everybodys??

SocksWthSandals
09-17-2012, 12:50 AM
I just found out that Elgato might have a update were you can record your voice and everybodys??
The company Blitzcast (not sure if you have heard of them) was suppose to be coming out with a nice capture card and a box that can mix game chat and stream voice. Not sure whatever happened with that

yernemesis
01-04-2013, 04:27 AM
Has ASTRO launch the EQ customizer yet? And did they add the an optional "switch" for the dual chat?