PDA

View Full Version : A50 - Not charging from TX or any source

Movistar_GSX
08-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Just received my A50's today and they are DOA. The headset will not turn on nor will the charge light turn steady orange to indicate it is charging. Anyone have a similar experience and was able to resolve it?

I will be very disappointed if I need to send these back after waiting almost two weeks just to receive them.

ASTRO refraxion
08-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Hi Movistar_GSX,

Would you please contact our Support Team (https://support.astrogaming.com/new_case) about this issue? Thanks!

Cambrian128
08-13-2012, 06:38 PM
That was my issue and I was told to return them. I'm hoping I either get them repaired or replaced soon.

Movistar_GSX
08-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Hi Movistar_GSX,

Would you please contact our Support Team (https://support.astrogaming.com/new_case) about this issue? Thanks!

I had already submitted a ticket before asking this question. I was asking in the hopes that someone had a quick fix.

That was my issue and I was told to return them. I'm hoping I either get them repaired or replaced soon.

How long have you been waiting? If you don't mind me asking.

BionicTbag
08-13-2012, 08:52 PM
I had already submitted a ticket before asking this question. I was asking in the hopes that someone had a quick fix.

How long have you been waiting? If you don't mind me asking.

Wow, two doa headsets... Imagine that.... That rocks out!!! Not really...

I am however not surprised.

Eclipse 2K
08-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Wow, two doa headsets... Imagine that.... That rocks out!!! Not really...

I am however not surprised.

You spend a lot of time bashing the product and very little to no time offering any real insight on how to help the person. We get it - you're frustrated and pissed off. Grow up, there is no reason to act like a troll on a daily basis.

To the original poster, what source are you plugging the MixAmp into so it receives power? Did you try unplugging it and plugging it back in from the power source? PlayStation 3 consoles do not provide a power source while the console is off so if you're using a PlayStation 3 than this could be why. Do you have access to a wall charger with the mini-USB connector? I used a connector from my PlayStation 3 controller, a Motorola plug in that uses any USB cable, and an A/C outlet. If I recall right, my headset wouldn't turn on when I received them and if it did it turned off immediately. A charge solved this issue through my XBOX for an hour before it was switched to an A/C outlet.

Movistar_GSX
08-13-2012, 09:56 PM
You spend a lot of time bashing the product and very little to no time offering any real insight on how to help the person. We get it - you're frustrated and pissed off. Grow up, there is no reason to act like a troll on a daily basis.

To the original poster, what source are you plugging the MixAmp into so it receives power? Did you try unplugging it and plugging it back in from the power source? PlayStation 3 consoles do not provide a power source while the console is off so if you're using a PlayStation 3 than this could be why. Do you have access to a wall charger with the mini-USB connector? I used a connector from my PlayStation 3 controller, a Motorola plug in that uses any USB cable, and an A/C outlet. If I recall right, my headset wouldn't turn on when I received them and if it did it turned off immediately. A charge solved this issue through my XBOX for an hour before it was switched to an A/C outlet.

Was your charging light orange when charging from your A/C outlet?

I've tried the PS3, my computer, my laptop and several USB wall chargers. I'm going to leave it overnight hoping I can trickle charge it back to life.

Eclipse 2K
08-13-2012, 10:13 PM
I don't believe it lit up right away but it wasn't long after. Leave it on a charger overnight and see what happens. The light stays on constantly when charging now though.

Did you try and turn the headset on while it was on the charger? That may activate a charging light because if the MixAmp isn't on I've noticed the light won't ALWAYS be on but only sometimes.

Darken Skye
08-14-2012, 11:56 AM
I've had a similar problem, my headset apparently had some charge already in the battery when I received it but after an initial 30 minutes to an hour it died and I couldn't get it to charge (tried charging from multiple sources to no affect). Currently I'm in a holding pattern with support where they are telling me to wait for the new firmware update (although I don't know how they expect me to apply it since the headsets won't power on).

ASTRO Vertigo
08-14-2012, 12:14 PM
I've had a similar problem, my headset apparently had some charge already in the battery when I received it but after an initial 30 minutes to an hour it died and I couldn't get it to charge (tried charging from multiple sources to no affect). Currently I'm in a holding pattern with support where they are telling me to wait for the new firmware update (although I don't know how they expect me to apply it since the headsets won't power on).

Sorry to hear this has happened. Let us know if you don't receive a response within 48 hours and we can pass the support ticket on to be looked at.

- Mitchell